PC Peripherals Antec SLK1650B costs more ... much more ...

PoBoy

Skilled
I wanted a ATX12V PSU, so I enquired from Vinod ( antecindia.com ) if the Antec SLK1650B models being sold here had ATX12V PSUs. This was in Sep. I got a reply from Vinod saying that ATX12V models would be here by end Oct and that there would be a price increase. This Monday I went to Prime ( Mumbai ) and asked how much it cost. Rs 4500/- ... thats how much. Pretty steep increase, from Rs 3700 to Rs 4500.

The older standards were already ATX 12V PSU's.

I guess what he was talking about were the newer 2.0 versions of the PSU's that support dual-rails, 24-pins and in general implement the newer ATX 2.03 PSU specification.

I cant seem to make much of a difference between the ATX 2.03 spec and the ATX 2.2 spec (but i did not read thoroughly). So i'm guessing anything at or greater than the ATX 2.01 spec has massive improvements.

Though a point to note, the Antec NeoPower HE looks amazing on paper ! THREE solid 12V rails . Power rating has been done @ 50C temps ! :)

Crazy_Eddy said:
I cant seem to make much of a difference between the ATX 2.03 spec and the ATX 2.2 spec (but i did not read thoroughly). So i'm guessing anything at or greater than the ATX 2.01 spec has massive improvements.

Though a point to note, the Antec NeoPower HE looks amazing on paper ! THREE solid 12V rails . Power rating has been done @ 50C temps ! :)

Yup Neo HE PSUs look amazing on paper. Plus all of them are EPS compliant which is becoming a requirement as all new DFI enthusiast boards are EPS. Rumour has it that these are actually made by Seasonic. AFAIK the only other company that rates its PSUs at 50C is PCP&C. So Antec is in elite company. The good thing is that they are not that much more expensive than Truepower 2.0 either. Its like 105$ for EPS TP2 vs 120$ for Neo HE with much more solid 12V rails.

PoBoy said:
It costs approx $ 65 ( Rs 2900 ) in the US !

I'm not quite sure but AFAIK the model comes with the SmartPower 1.0 350W that is already an ATX12V compliant PSU. No idea what Vinod (IT Depot) means. The model in the US as well is listed with the standard Smartpower 350W PSU for 65$. So I dont see what the price hike is about, unless they're putting in SmartPower 2.0 PSU's ? The default model should be ~ 3.3K.

BTW, what are your rig specs?

Chaos said:
Yup Neo HE PSUs look amazing on paper. Plus all of them are EPS compliant which is becoming a requirement as all new DFI enthusiast boards are EPS. Rumour has it that these are actually made by Seasonic. AFAIK the only other company that rates its PSUs at 50C is PCP&C. So Antec is in elite company. The good thing is that they are not that much more expensive than Truepower 2.0 either. Its like 105$ for EPS TP2 vs 120$ for Neo HE with much more solid 12V rails.

Not all! Only 500W and 550W versions of NeoHE are EPS compliant. They're
also not as perfect as they seem to be at first glance. ASUS A8N series of
boards are having problems with NeoHE PSUs. It's a known problem, and an
Antec representative has acknowledged the same at Hardforum.

Why O' why there's always something wrong with the ones I like so much?

is it true that they are having problem with ASUS motherboard coz i am planning to have TP550 for mine motherboard .....

Its an issue with the Asus Boards, not the PSU.

You should be fine as long as your board is a Rev 1.02 .

And again like Yamaraj said, it applies ONLY to the NeoPower HE's , not the Antec TP/TP2.0s.

@PoBoy: Sorry for taking the thread so off-topic :p

Crazy_Eddy said:
BTW, what are your rig specs?

My PC is 5 years old. Thinking of updating now. Doing necessary "research" because I'll expect it to last for the next 5 years ;-) and would like it to be "Win Vista compliant" .

btw, would the nVidia 6150 chipset IGP be sufficient for Win Vista ? This thread is taking another turn.

Back