Budget 25-30k Any clue when Asus zenfone 8 will release?

bigquads

Market Restricted
Disciple
I'm due for a mobile upgrade having used Poco F1 for almost 3 years now! Brilliant phone but now it's noticeably slower and has battery issues. Looking towards the Zenfone 8 even though 40K range might be more than I want to spend on a phone.. I'm spoilt by the VFM factor of Poco F1 now..

I'm open to other phone suggestions as well. My ideal phone would be:
1. Good screen (OLED more important than fast refresh rate),
2. Decent camera (I take 20-30 photos in a year at best),
3. Small-ish size (max 6 inches),
4. Clean UI
5. Most importantly - battery life!

Support for 5G and availability of custom ROMs such as LineageOS is an added bonus! I'd like to restrict my spending to 30k( if possible). I'm open to buying a year old flagship also..

I have also looked into Poco X3 Pro but it misses out on OLED screen, size too big, UI too clunky!

I'm due for a mobile upgrade having used Poco F1 for almost 3 years now! Brilliant phone but now it's noticeably slower and has battery issues. Looking towards the Zenfone 8 even though 40K range might be more than I want to spend on a phone.. I'm spoilt by the VFM factor of Poco F1 now..

I'm open to other phone suggestions as well. My ideal phone would be:
1. Good screen (OLED more important than fast refresh rate),
2. Decent camera (I take 20-30 photos in a year at best),
3. Small-ish size (max 6 inches),
4. Clean UI
5. Most importantly - battery life!

Support for 5G and availability of custom ROMs such as LineageOS is an added bonus! I'd like to restrict my spending to 30k( if possible). I'm open to buying a year old flagship also..

I have also looked into Poco X3 Pro but it misses out on OLED screen, size too big, UI too clunky!
I'm using x3 pro after coming from the F1 since past few days.
1. Although screen is not OLED it has very good IPS screen indeed.
2. Camera gets the job done, I'm using custom GCam app for this and pics are better than stock.
3. Yes, coming from the F1 it feels big.
4. I never liked MIUI so i went straight to ARROW OS after mandatory wait period of 7 days for bootloader unlock.
5. can't say about Miui SOT but battery life on Arrow OS is almost 1.5 times of the F1 on stock MIUI.

X3 Pro is a good deal of you like raw performance for its price. (you can secure one for around 17k with discounts during sale) and I feel its killer specs for the price.
Things I don't like about the X3 Pro
1. Plastic back (doesn't feel premium while holding), don't get me wrong I'm not asking for a glass construction at this price but even the plastic back on the F1 felt more sturdy.
2. Back vibrates a lot with stereo speakers, fortunately you can change the settings and get rid of this.

I'm using x3 pro after coming from the F1 since past few days.
1. Although screen is not OLED it has very good IPS screen indeed.
2. Camera gets the job done, I'm using custom GCam app for this and pics are better than stock.
3. Yes, coming from the F1 it feels big.
4. I never liked MIUI so i went straight to ARROW OS after mandatory wait period of 7 days for bootloader unlock.
5. can't say about Miui SOT but battery life on Arrow OS is almost 1.5 times of the F1 on stock MIUI.

X3 Pro is a good deal of you like raw performance for its price. (you can secure one for around 17k with discounts during sale) and I feel its killer specs for the price.
Things I don't like about the X3 Pro
1. Plastic back (doesn't feel premium while holding), don't get me wrong I'm not asking for a glass construction at this price but even the plastic back on the F1 felt more sturdy.
2. Back vibrates a lot with stereo speakers, fortunately you can change the settings and get rid of this.
Thanks man! Poco X3 is tempting, sure! But the big display is a sure turn off! I'm even considering the iphone SE at this point. What's your take on that? My fear with iphone SE is being sucked into the ecosystem and having to spend on unnecessary new devices, cough cough, charger - airpods, cough cough..

I am owner of Asus 6Z and my biggest complaint from Asus - No support for WiFi calling for Airtel!
Consider this before buying Asus mobiles especially if you are Airtel customer...

hope this workaround helps

Thanks man! Poco X3 is tempting, sure! But the big display is a sure turn off! I'm even considering the iphone SE at this point. What's your take on that? My fear with iphone SE is being sucked into the ecosystem and having to spend on unnecessary new devices, cough cough, charger - airpods, cough cough..
I was talking about the X3 Pro (snapdragon 860) whereas the X3 has 732G.
I've only owned IPhone 3G in 2009. Back then the android was not as polished as IOS and play store was not as diverse as app store but oh how the times have changed now.
Even though IPhone being superior back in the days I used it for about 8 months and sold it didn't like it period. I then shifted to Android ecosystem since (HTC Desire HD, Nexus 4, Nexus 5x, Poco F1 and now the X3 Pro) I've rooted and used all devices with Custom ROMs till date and that is the beauty of android, the amount of customisation android allows you to do can't be done on iPhone.

I usually prefer to buy flagship specs phones under 20k and run Custom Rom when bought new. I usually check the dev support first before buying the phone.

Why no love for Pixel 4a? It ticks all except battery. You would have to recharge more than once if poweruser. Haven't used 4a, @alekhkhanna can give his feedback.
I don't talk much about it since people are like SPECS, SD 888 etc, but I really enjoy P4a (that too coming from an ertswhile flagship P2XL). The processor is adequately suited to keeping battery consumption less, while having ample horsepower to run daily tasks like a champ.
I generally hit 5-6hours SoT with my use - mostly on Wifi due to not going out much.
Even when I have used it outside, the battery saver surprisingly does not suck. I used everything, including GPS, on battery saver, and it did not stutter once.
Camera is obviously typical Pixel quality. Neutral to warm tones. Great detail.
Google's Pixel experience is unparalleled in my opinion. I love the small useful tid bits, no useless apps, snappy performance. Not a fan of 10000 customization options on Samsung, and thus this suits me well.
Pretty happy with the device, and if "A" line continues at this price point, it will be unbeatable.

There are speculations that Asus might unveil it today.
It didn't.

Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I do love th
I don't talk much about it since people are like SPECS, SD 888 etc, but I really enjoy P4a (that too coming from an ertswhile flagship P2XL). The processor is adequately suited to keeping battery consumption less, while having ample horsepower to run daily tasks like a champ.
I generally hit 5-6hours SoT with my use - mostly on Wifi due to not going out much.
Even when I have used it outside, the battery saver surprisingly does not suck. I used everything, including GPS, on battery saver, and it did not stutter once.
Camera is obviously typical Pixel quality. Neutral to warm tones. Great detail.
Google's Pixel experience is unparalleled in my opinion. I love the small useful tid bits, no useless apps, snappy performance. Not a fan of 10000 customization options on Samsung, and thus this suits me well.
Pretty happy with the device, and if "A" line continues at this price point, it will be unbeatable.
I actually love the phone! I'm a medium / heavy user. Discord, reddit, amazon music, whatsapp and chrome - good 6-8 hours SOT daily. No social media or any other apps really. I do love the pixel camera and the beautiful UI, the compact size. My only worry is the SoC, 730G is it? Isnt it weak-ish? Would I notice a lag in day to day ops coming from a SD 845?

One "con" is paying 30k and not getting 5G support. So the life I can expect is 2-3 years at best. I like it when I can stretch my money.

It didn't.

Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Today doesn't end till 11:59:59 PM.
Why no love for Pixel 4a? It ticks all except battery. You would have to recharge more than once if poweruser. Haven't used 4a, @alekhkhanna can give his feedback.
Even for a flagship the specs are outdated. I mean if your main usage is casual everyday use with calls internet and some photography then I'll understand. But to me the only benefit might be the software.

Last edited:
Back