Camera Any decent camcorder suggestions ?

Shakensoul

Skilled
Can't help it.......another recommendation thread :hap5:

Anyone researching in the camcorder market recently ? Need a decent camcorder around 20k, will be buying it from US.

Which format will be best, miniDV seems to be getting old and miniDVD lets you record only for 30 mins :huh:

Any suggestions ???????????

MiniDvD lets u record for 30mins only at the highest resolution..i think..

With medium setting.. u can go upto an hour..

Plus u get miniDvD RW's.. so tht shldnt b a problem !!

I would go with miniDV or HD. DVD format is not very flexible. Also, if you paln to use divx or xvid for your video you need to transcode in case of miniDVD from mpeg-2.

Look at Panasonic G300..

Incase of miniDV, how do you capture the video from the camcorder to PC ? Do you need a seperate adapter or can you connect it directly to PC using USB and capture the video ? :huh: :huh:

Shakensoul said:
Incase of miniDV, how do you capture the video from the camcorder to PC ? Do you need a seperate adapter or can you connect it directly to PC using USB and capture the video ? :huh: :huh:

you can transfer using IEEE1394. Most new motherboard has IEEE 1394 or you can buy it separate PCI card for approx Rs. 500

Yuusf

I would recommend the MiniDV anytime over MiniDVD for standard definition video. If u want HD then mayb a HDD camcorder is good...

If u wanna buy a good camcorder, I think the Panasonic GS300 with 3CCD for 24k is the best value for money... Now the problem is where can u find this camcorder. All sources I know seem to be out of stock and will b getting the newer GS320!! :(

Back