Budget 10-15K Any good 4.7 to 5-inch Smartphone under 15k?

GreenJay

Disciple
1. Budget?
A: ~ 15K (max)
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: TFT,
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Sony, Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, Lenovo, Gionee
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Preferably 5MP, Front camera and Flash
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android with future upgradability
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G & Wifi
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Calling,Email, Productivity, Camera, Multimedia, Casual Gaming
10. Any other requirements?
A: Good looks, sturdy build, not cheap
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Not sure since only local brands seem to be available

Let me be the first to say MOTO G. At the price point it sells, it is absolute VFM. You do have to bear with non expandable memory, and an average camera. Otherwise, it suits every requirement of yours.

Thanks for the reply. I have three of my colleagues using it. Yeah sure, its a good phone especially the SoC, screen and built, not to mention the pure Android exp. But am looking for at least 4.7 to 5-inch. Not sure 15k will get me a good one though

If the additional screen estate is so important, the Lenovo mobiles are an option. However, there are a few compromises you will have to make like lesser screen resolution, Mediatek processor, etc.. The upside is that you get larger battery, expandable memory, etc. There are quite a few models in the sub 15k range, like S920, P780, S660, etc. Just compare their features and see what suits you most.

Thank you. How are these phones in terms of multitasking. Am used to downloading too many apps. Any idea about After Sales Service for Lenovo phones? Really appreciate your help btw

Lenovo "may" lag a bit. Depends on what your current phone is or whether its just a placebo. But it doesn't mean its bad or unusable. The screen and touch qlty is more than enough for that price point. Considering the battery life they provide.

Moto G easily. The Camera is average at best (read, piss poor) but apart from that, it's a solid device. I've recommended it to many of my friends and they're very happy with it.

thanks, am planning to wait a few more months. I read faster proc for mid-range phones are on the way maybe in sept or sumthin.. lets see. Thank you all for your valuable suggestions... Thread Closed

Back