Any good Teams Compatible bluetooth headset with mute button?

raksrules

Elite
For work, I, like most use Microsoft Teams extensively. I use bluetooth Headphones so that I can roam around while I am on call and don't have to be tethered to laptop.
This arrangement works fine but only one thing I miss is not having a mute button on headset which will also mute me in teams.

Currently, I have to run to my machine to mute or unmute myself.

Are there any reasonably priced bluetooth headphones / headsets which work well with teams and also support Muting through them?

I know Microsoft has a list of teams enabled devices but I am looking opinions from people who may have been using such devices daily.

For reference, my current device is Samsung Level U bluetooth headphones and I am very satisfied for my usage with laptop for office calls.
I do have a more expensive Jabra evolve (not sure of number) headset but it is wired and USB only so I don't use it. That has physical muting capability by just putting that talking stick up.

If only there was a way to remap the pause button of the headset into a mute function.

You'd be set :woot:

This does it on the PC

Does that mean your headset mic won't transmit ?

Last edited:
How about these ? all have a mute button and are BT. There won't be any mic noise cancelling but the boom mic should handle that.

Whether they work with teams is for you and others to say :)

That one says its supports teams.

I am using both Jabra evolve 65 & 75 (Bluetooth headsets) for teams meetings. They are very comfortable for long calls and have mute button.
I can vouch for the Evolve 65. Mine is 4 years old. Though battery backup has reduced, it is still super comfortable. Best part is the mic that suppresses lot of noise on your side. The other side gets crystal clear audio. The only downside though is that the headset costs around 18k if I am right.

Did anyone tried Logitech G435? Seems to tick all the boxes for OP and even myself is looking for buying the same.

If anyone has to tried this headset.

I am using both Jabra evolve 65 & 75 (Bluetooth headsets) for teams meetings. They are very comfortable for long calls and have mute button.

Is this the one you have?

It costs 24.5K. It is very expensive for me. I have wired USB A Headset Evolve 40 and it is great but that was given by my previous org so it was ok.
Did anyone tried Logitech G435? Seems to tick all the boxes for OP and even myself is looking for buying the same.

I see it has "Mute" button but most importantly, the button should work with Teams.

Last edited:

I guess the op is looking for TWS. Gaming headphone would just bulk them up. Sure these are decent headphones for meets and all. But the mic on this catches ambient noises easily. Plus, it'll be un-professional when on video meets having a pair of gaming headphones, attracts attention. Gets comic.

Is this the one you have?

It costs 24.5K. It is very expensive for me. I have wired USB A Headset Evolve 40 and it is great but that was given by my previous org so it was ok.
It's not worth that much. Goes for $200 on the vendor's site which means amazon US had it for less when it was available.

The only headsets i find competitively priced in India are by Poly (former Plantronics)

Closer to 15k for anything UC is a fair price. You need UC for anything to do with a laptop
I see it has "Mute" button but most importantly, the button should work with Teams.
Price goes up for that if you want certified

Why isn't your company helping you with this ?

Last edited:
Does your headphones have play/pause button?
You can remap this play pause button to mic mute/unmute using autohotkey.

If you care for such solution then let me know, I'll write the script for autohotkey. It'll be plugnplay.

If you care for such solution then let me know, I'll write the script for autohotkey. It'll be plugnplay.
See post #2

I'm curious to know whether the concept even works

No AHk needed, just an app on github called power toys

See post #2

I'm curious to know whether the concept even works

No AHk needed, just an app on github called power toys

I don't think there's any shortcut to mute mic. MS probably removed it after windows XP. So if there's no shortcut then how would this power toy work? Unless it has a dedicated action about muting mics.

It's using .NET
I know about Microsoft power toys. I have used one of it previously.

What I meant how would this power toy work to muting a mic? Does it have that option? OP wants to mute mic, not the volume. Also I don't think he can install the power toys on his work laptop.

If the script can run without admin rights, independently, I am ok. I already have a .vbs script I downloaded from internet, to prevent my laptop from locking if unused for 2 min.
I probably didn't understand OP's query. I thought he wanted to mute his mic alone but still wants keep listening to the conversation.
Yes, like a regular office conference or 1 on 1 call. Sometimes I want to mute as I am only listening to someone else speak.

Back