Any Hot Wheels collectors here?

Neo-N

Skilled
Was wondering if any fellow TEians are Hot Wheels enthusiasts.

I used to buy them a lot as a kid but that was to play with them. Only started some serious collecting (retaining in mint condition on blister) recently and was wondering if there are others who do the same! :)

not exactly Hotwheels but hobby did start with that. i used to collect scale models. at one point i realised iwas spending far too much money on each model. it is very very addictive. had to stop. now whatever i have are my priced possessions!!

Well I used to collect them as a kid. I had lots. Some went missing, some stolen. Till one unfortunate night when an inferno burned down our house. I might still have 2-3 stashed away somewhere. And oh I also collected GI Joe figurines and their vehicles. Back then each figurine used to cost just around 30 bucks! Funskool <3

I collect matchbox and corgi , though not an active collector .
Never collected hot wheels . Give a lot of them to my nephew though .

I was a Hot Wheels fanatic as a child and would literally crouch outside the toy store until my mom bought one, it was a great combo with some imagination thrown in.
Gave em all away to some Nepalese children in my building before the 9th standard thg. What's the price of one nowadays ?

Buying an hotwheels during childhood was a luxury for me. Always used to be content with 10rs wala chinese cars with light weight where as one could probably burst a head with OG hotwheels cars then. They were so heavy!

But now, hotwheels also took up many cost cutting measures and hotwheels along with match box are pretty lightweight. That solid weight is gone ..so did that secure feeling in hand when holding hotwheels.

I bought a 10pc pack once after saving pocket money but then gave it away to watchmans' children. I just have a batman tumblr on route to me. Thats probably going to be my last hotwheels.[DOUBLEPOST=1450334855][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gave em all away to some Nepalese children in my building before the 9th standard thg. What's the price of one nowadays ?
100 bucks a piece IIRC

Wow! Great to see all the interest! :D

A Hot Wheels is 99/- currently but Mattel runs a buy 2 get 1 free offer every now and then which brings it inline with international prices ($0.99/vehicle).

I have collected about 150 recently and have all mint on card. Have a few doubles though! It's easy to lose track of all cars you have once you have gone beyond 20-30! :p

i have a very small collection 4x of them but all packed.

^^ Mind telling us why these 4 are so special? Super Treasure Hunts?

I don't know how people resist buying an hotwheels and not opening the pack :)

^^ The idea is to preserve value assuming that we would keep the vehicles for years to come! And opening the pack and playing also causes/can cause the car to be damaged/scratched or plain simple gather dust etc. So the thought of avoiding all that helps resist the urge to rip open the package! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1450450550][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW, here's an Enforcer from the 2015 Treasure Hunt that I recently found in a mall!

upload_2015-12-18_20-26-28.png

I cherish hotwheels since my childhood. Since then every yr i use to buy 1 car for sure until pc and nfs spoiled that fun. But then again in sm shop i found hell lot of similar collections from tomica and again i melted and bought almost 10 vehicles in flat 2 months.
Then career and job took toll...
Now again found my lost love for cars and scale models and off late started collecting Kinsmart etc cars. Now in all i have 25 cars... ;):p

Where did you find the 5 pack batman.?

^ Got it from a mall in Vashi (Navi Mumbai). I had been searching for it for a while. Its not particularly rare but finding a mint package is tough. A fellow TE Member spotted one in the mall and picked it up. So I went there to check if another pack was available and got the last one they had.

I cherish hotwheels since my childhood. Since then every yr i use to buy 1 car for sure until pc and nfs spoiled that fun. But then again in sm shop i found hell lot of similar collections from tomica and again i melted and bought almost 10 vehicles in flat 2 months.
Then career and job took toll...
Now again found my lost love for cars and scale models and off late started collecting Kinsmart etc cars. Now in all i have 25 cars... ;):p

^ I have had a similar story. Though I never stopped completely... Just reduced the frequency to 'a new car whenever I visit the mall'! But I ensure that I buy as many as possible when there are offers going on. Hypercity runs offers for Kinsmart models (Buy 1 Get 1 Free) very often. Keep a watch for that. :D

Which Hyper city? Do they do it in every city??[DOUBLEPOST=1451376492][/DOUBLEPOST]Also during my childhood days the small scale models from Mattel which I use to buy had it all-- openable hoods, front and back doors and dicky as well and all this is just 25 bucks or so.

But today even cars as bigger as 1:18 or 1:24 have just openable front doors. I pity them.

So I'm die-hardly looking for those golden cars collections of my kiddy days. I would like to import it as well from any part of the world but I really doubt if today such models exsist!

Which Hyper city? Do they do it in every city??[DOUBLEPOST=1451376492][/DOUBLEPOST]Also during my childhood days the small scale models from Mattel which I use to buy had it all-- openable hoods, front and back doors and dicky as well and all this is just 25 bucks or so.

But today even cars as bigger as 1:18 or 1:24 have just openable front doors. I pity them.

So I'm die-hardly looking for those golden cars collections of my kiddy days. I would like to import it as well from any part of the world but I really doubt if today such models exsist!

^ Mumbai Hypercity. But I think they should have the offer in other cities as well as the offers are generally from the manufacturer (with manufacturer stickers on the box declaring the offer) just like in the case of Mattel Hot Wheels.

As for 1:64s with opening hoods/doors, I think everyone stopped making those... Majorette used to make them but I guess the detailing is uneconomical now.

Siku (http://www.siku.de/en.html) does make ones with opening doors/hoods in 1:55 but they are expensive (between 199 - 300 per vehicle). Shoppers Stop and Landmark stocks Siku in Mumbai. If they are unavailable in your area and you are very keen on getting them, I could buy for you and courier if you know what models you want. :)

You could also ask http://www.dreamcarmodels.com/ for specific brands/models and he would ship. He is a collector himself and converted his hobby into a business!

Yep m a big fan of siku too. esp their trucks collections is super premium + exclusive details. But as their prices are too high.
I buy kinsmart from my friends shop where I get any car for <200 whereas they sell anywhere from 280-500bucks online or in malls.

To be frank m on a loooong lookout for Nissan Skyline R34 model but it isnt at all available in India. And an assembly line will be an icing on cake. They are available on ebay.com/uk etc etc foreign sites but importing itself costs a terror in ones pockets. Though I gifted one from kinsmart 10 yrs back to my bro's for 150 bucks in red and yellow colors but its boring as only front doors open and not much detailing as well.

So if you or anybody can help me get one then it will be the joyous part of my collection era!!:)

^ I shall keep a lookout for the Skyline.

Kinsmart for <200 is awesome. I get for 399/- each but I try to buy when they have buy 1 get 1 free.

Well for me I used to buy anything and everything Funskool/Hasbro. Didn't know of any other toy-manufacturer then. :D

Back