iOS Any idea why some sites open on windows & show SSL error in iPad

nemo_online

Disciple
There are two sites that open perfectly fine on Windows desktop and laptop in firefox, chrome etc. (show the https lock too) but for some reason they don't open on any browser on iPad. ( Tried firefox, firefox focus, brave, safari, chrome) . What could be the reason?
P.S. These are those kind of sites where you can watch TV shows without signing up for a dozen apps.

Hope you have changed the client to desktop in Chrome/ FF in the ipad and checked the proper date and time.
If deleting the older certificates doesn't work, try your mobile network as hotspot. It's a very annoying issue and been there in ipad OS for years.

Last edited:
Hope you have changed the client to desktop in Chrome/ FF in the ipad and checked the proper date and time.
If deleting the older certificates doesn't work, try your mobile network as hotspot. It's a very annoying issue and been there in ipad OS for years.
Excuse my tech unsavvy but didn't understand the "changing the client" bit, couldn't figure out how to delete the older certs although i did see the certificate version and number being used & using my mobile hotspot also didn't help but found a workaround.
Same website with different urls.
Some shows are present on the new URL and some are not. But it's ok. Will watch some on the pad and rest will manage on desktop & laptop. Thanks for your response.

Excuse my tech unsavvy but didn't understand the "changing the client" bit, couldn't figure out how to delete the older certs although i did see the certificate version and number being used & using my mobile hotspot also didn't help but found a workaround.
Same website with different urls.
Some shows are present on the new URL and some are not. But it's ok. Will watch some on the pad and rest will manage on desktop & laptop. Thanks for your response.
I'm a complete noob mate. By changing client I meant opening Chrome/ FF as their desktop versions.
This issue bothered me a lot too.

Back