Any MMA fans out here? / Possible MMA Discussion Thread?

Xavier

Adept
Are there any mixed martial arts (MMA) fans here at TE? Would be great if we could discuss the sport and upcoming UFC/Bellator events.

Speaking of which, UFC 157 has a tough predecessor to follow if it has to match the awesomeness of UFC 156. Rousey vs Carmouche should be interesting, considering it's UFC's first women's fight but I was really hoping for a Rousey vs Cyborg match in 2013. That won't take place anytime soon as Cyborg's manager, the legendary Tito Ortiz has asked Dana White to let her out of her contract. Cyborg doesn't want to cut down her weight to match Rousey and it's perhaps the right thing to do. Speaking of changing weight divisions, I'm super excited for Daniel Cormier vs Frank Mir. I see a great great future for Cormier in the sport.

Damn, 2013 is going to be so exciting, especially in the heavyweight, light heavyweight (Jones vs Sonnen is drool worthy!) and welterweight classes.
[h=2][/h]

There used to be better fight cards when there were fewer ppvs , when they started increasing the events & also went into other countries like UK, brazil , australia, there werent many interesting fights . I still watch almost all UFCs

UFC on Fuel TV 8 was amazing! It was way better than last week's UFC 157. Hunt proved that he still has it. IMO, he should get a shot at the loser of JDS vs Overeem at UFC 160 and if he wins, he should get a crack at Cain's title.

Wanderlei vs Stann was just mind blowing. Pure mayhem, Pride FC style! Overall, a great event and the Japanese crowd really made a hell of difference. It was so much better than the shitty Vegas or LA drunk crowd who can never appreciate a good MMA fight.

Can't wait for UFC 159 now. I really hope GSP shuts up Diaz for good.

Back