Any one bought Bicycle Online? your Experience with?

Emperor

Skilled
Hi,

Planning to buy Bicycle Online, as found local market price higher than online (not considering brand here but just minimum price products at offline & online shops)

Some cycle repair shop & few online buyers (via review in site) share their experience like missing parts, parts alignment issue (manufacturing defect & non rectified) , broken parts etc. issue.

One repair shop owner told that bicycles that are have manufacturing defects are only available via online sale at lower rate compare to offline shops, as, such defective bicycles sent back to brand via Offline sellers and than to clear those returns, brand offer sale via online website.

Do any of you/your relatives bought cycles online and have good/negative experience?

I bought a decathlon and a kids cycle online. Decathlon was painless and hassle free (though price was higher than local prices). the kids cycle - the pedal threads got stripped, and they sent me a replacement pedal which also ended up getting stripped - I gave up and mounted it as much as I could.

buying bicycles online is bad idea, you have to pay for fitting anyway at local shop, buy local, ask for goodies and free service for a duration at local shop and save yourself the hassle.
fitting charges are just Rs.200/- and the free goodies offline offers are just Rs.300/-, while can save Rs.2000/- with online seller and if deduct goodies price than can save up to Rs.1700/-

Though offline store offer Hero Brand while online offer is for East-Coast & Avon Brand

i bought 2 bicycles online on amazon. Leader Urban Girl 26T (Rs. 5000) for my wife and Urban Terrain Tokyo (Rs. 4500) for me. it took a while for both of them to be delivered. Assembling them proved to be a big hassle, so I paid Rs.500 to a local cycle repair shop for assembly. All the parts were there, but the instructions were difficult to follow. The leader's instructions were for a completely different bicycle.

Overall, i would recommend buying bicycles online to save money, if you are okay with a little hassle with assembly.

fitting charges are just Rs.200/- and the free goodies offline offers are just Rs.300/-, while can save Rs.2000/- with online seller and if deduct goodies price than can save up to Rs.1700/-

Though offline store offer Hero Brand while online offer is for East-Coast & Avon Brand
i mean it completely depends on how much you are saving, but did you try to negotiate with local dealer? they might reduce more, if it's still 1k difference i would still prefer local shop for the peace of mind.

Have bought one back in 2012 and 2016, both were Decathlon Btwin bicycles but both were bought from some third party website, if I recall correctly one from paytmmall and one from flipkart. No issues in either, it was shipped in a huge box and without any damages. It needs some minor assembly and setup so if you are not mechanically savvy then take it to a local mechanic/cycle repair guy.

i mean it completely depends on how much you are saving, but did you try to negotiate with local dealer? they might reduce more, if it's still 1k difference i would still prefer local shop for the peace of mindle.

personally I'm handy and I was able to fit them together without issues. Yeah if you dont know the mechanical bits, may be better to go via a shop

Back