Any tax experts here filling ITR3?

Techno

Disciple
2024-06-08_202702.png

I am getting this Error at the time of verification, anyone else getting this error?

In Schedule OS/ Schedule EI, the amount of dividend income mentioned is cannot be more than the dividend income reduced from Schedule BP;#;Kindly ensure that dividend income mentioned in schedule OS or schedule EI should be equal to dividend income reduced from Schedule BP.

Any solutions for this error? Any experience tax experts here?

View attachment 199452

I am getting this Error at the time of verification, anyone else getting this error?

In Schedule OS/ Schedule EI, the amount of dividend income mentioned is cannot be more than the dividend income reduced from Schedule BP;#;Kindly ensure that dividend income mentioned in schedule OS or schedule EI should be equal to dividend income reduced from Schedule BP.
Any solutions for this error? Any experience tax experts here?
I think its pretty clear what is the error, the amount needs to be exactly same.
This is very complicated schedule where quarter wise dividend income has to be filled in. So a manual exercise!

Can you elaborate more, where should i fill quarter wise dividend income? Currently i filled it in schedule OS only.
And where should it be exactly same?

Last edited:
Can you elaborate more, where should i fill quarter wise dividend income? Currently i filled it in schedule OS only.
And where should it be exactly same?
The error msg mention schedule BP so check what amt under dividend income is entered there, seems like some value in schedule BP is not matching with value in schedule OS.

Quarter-wise dividend income needs to be filled in ITR2 as well. The total of the quarter-wise income needs to match the total dividend income in other schedules

Quarter-wise dividend income needs to be filled in ITR2 as well. The total of the quarter-wise income needs to match the total dividend income in other schedules
I know but ITR2 is overall simpler than ITR3 which only needs to be filed compulsorily if having business/profession income or dealing in intraday/F&O.

I calculated the dividend quarter wise. Every thing was in second quarter.
But i don't think it is the solution to this issue.
I think its pretty clear what is the error, the amount needs to be exactly same.
This is very complicated schedule where quarter wise dividend income has to be filled in. So a manual exercise!

FYI this is not the solution to the problem.

Last edited:
I calculated the dividend quarter wise. Every thing was in second quarter.
But i don't think it is the solution to this issue.

FYI this is not the solution to the problem.
So is the dividend amount which yo uare including in Schedule in EI is same as what is being reported as reduction in Income under Schedule BP?

Solution straight from income tax department grievances.

"Dear Taxpayer, Please note that this is a Category B/D error in case dividend amount is reported under schedule OS and same is not entered under Profit and loss account and amount is not reduced from SI. No. 5 in Schedule BP. So kindly report the same under these schedules to resolve this. In case there is no requirement to maintain Books of accounts and 44AA option is selected as NO under Schedule Part A general, then kindly proceed and continue filing the return since it will not restrict filing return of income. If the issue still persists please share the json."

Back