Anybody experienced 5G network?

Seems like it will take more time for Airtel to roll out the 5G service as many flagship phones will not work with 5G service for now including all Apple phones and many Samsung phones.

I have both Airtel and Jio. I have a Mi 11xpro and Airtel does not show 5G in mobile network but whereas I can see 5G with Jio in mobile network. If I connect Jio to 5G it shows as 4G+

I will be going to Airtel global NOC this weekend. I guess 5G is available there...will check there if it will work. But i'm not sure my phone is supporting the band used by Airtel.

On a more serious note, now I'm regretting not buying a 5G phone last year. Will have to test 5G on wife's phone for now.
If you had purchased 5G phone last year, you would be kicking yourself this year for buying the wrong 5G phone.

Let the technology settle. LIke LTE, the 5G will bring more related services in near future which most of the current phones don't support. You'll then be glad that you waited.

Nice quote by Akash Ambani
5G for all in 'some distant bright future'
Seems like it will take more time for Airtel to roll out the 5G service as many flagship phones will not work with 5G service for now including all Apple phones and many Samsung phones.

I have both Airtel and Jio. I have a Mi 11xpro and Airtel does not show 5G in mobile network but whereas I can see 5G with Jio in mobile network. If I connect Jio to 5G it shows as 4G+
Can't comment on Mi. That jio shows up means they got more bands in the auction than Airtel.

..but for Samsung

“Currently, 5G will not work on any of the Apple devices and also the vast majority of Samsung’s line-up, except the latter’s models such as the Flip 4, Fold 4, S21 FE, Galaxy S22, S22 Ultra & S22+, and some versions of A and M series,” the source said.

Surprising that not even the last two iPhones can see 5G. I remember the latest iphones were the first to work with 4G in India.

Last edited:
If you had purchased 5G phone last year, you would be kicking yourself this year for buying the wrong 5G phone.

Let the technology settle. LIke LTE, the 5G will bring more related services in near future which most of the current phones don't support. You'll then be glad that you waited.
This were exactly my words to all those kids who wanted to jump into 5g last yr or long months ago..

I'm getting around 35Mbits/s on 4g now on Jio suddenly only on YouTube videos. Don't know how. Previously used to get max 10-15Mbits/s in early morning only.

Wonder if 5g speeds will be >100Mbits/s.

Govt and telecoms are having mood swings.

First it was supposed to be launched on 15th Aug.
Then they said it'll start functioning by Aug end.
Then they said 5G used here is designed in India.
Then they said 5G will use 4G infra as a back bone.
Then they said it won't need any sim change.
Then they said 5G will be launched on Oct 1st.
Then they said some 8 cities will start 5G from Oct 1st itself.
Then they said 5G is going to bestest in the world.
Then they said 5G will be standalone.
Then they said you'll need to change the SIM card.

Statements made by Govt and telcos are pure flatulence. You have no idea what next statement is going to sound like. Kangana Ranaut looks more stable now.

They have neither built any infrastructure nor have they ran any trials as stated. Had they ran the trials our mobiles would have noticed them.

They have neither built any infrastructure nor have they ran any trials as stated. Had they ran the trials our mobiles would have noticed them.
They did run trials at Delhi IGI airport as far as I know. Maybe more closed locations.
Do you have any data/sources to back your accusations or are you just saying this out of frustration and spite?

Do you have any data/sources to back your accusations or are you just saying this out of frustration and spite?
It would have shown in the list of the manual network search. And then there would have been dozens of youtube videos showing that.

I'm too old mate. I remember jio / airtel 4G network was visible many months before it was released to everyone. Where's it this time?

I'm not accusing anyone. When Jio started, Ambani was claiming it was already 5G ready. Our telecom minister has said that govt is already working on 6G and it'll be launched by the 2023 end. Why are we wasting time with 5G?

It would have shown in the list of the manual network search. And then there would have been dozens of youtube videos showing that.

I'm too old mate. I remember jio / airtel 4G network was visible many months before it was released to everyone. Where's it this time?

I'm not accusing anyone. When Jio started, Ambani was claiming it was already 5G ready. Our telecom minister has said that govt is already working on 6G and it'll be launched by the 2023 end. Why are we wasting time with 5G?
To let you know if networks are 5G ready or not. By default all networks which run 4G are 5G ready as same frequencies are used. Only main thing required is upgrade of backhaul capacity which both Airtel/Jio have already and even VI has. Just what you will get is NSA 5g. Speeds won't be as advertised and never will be even if there is SA network. What they have said about testing it is already done but it is done on few devices only. Realtime speeds will always be less as everyone will start using them. If it will be like 4G then forget about the speeds as it is never capped and is not allowed also to be capped.

To let you know if networks are 5G ready or not. By default all networks which run 4G are 5G ready as same frequencies are used. Only main thing required is upgrade of backhaul capacity which both Airtel/Jio have already and even VI has. Just what you will get is NSA 5g. Speeds won't be as advertised and never will be even if there is SA network. What they have said about testing it is already done but it is done on few devices only. Realtime speeds will always be less as everyone will start using them. If it will be like 4G then forget about the speeds as it is never capped and is not allowed also to be capped.
What I found amusing was that Jio mentioned that their network is SA, but also said that it will work with existing SIM cards, which is technically not possible. They have implemented a combo core, so the network will be using the 4G network control signaling (aka NSA) till they start issuing dedicated 5G SIM cards.

Also, I read somewhere that the minimum launch speed has been set at 100 Mbps (which will reduce with users), so 5G will be as ridiculous as 4G LTE was in India.

Use app named Pingtools Network Utilities from playstore , ios idk

use iperf , refer below mentioned website to find Iperf servers

I selected ,ping.online.net and in settings set port number as 5200 and made interval from sec to min and tested . this how you will get to know your actual bandwidth . YouTube etc is CDN . On internet try to choose farthest destination unlike the speedtest etc which choose nearest servers

Back