Anybody getting hooked to Audible?

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
I've been hearing a lot about Amazon's audiobook for some time now and recently gave it a try.
Now I'm hooked to Audible!! However it helped my insomnia a lot...just listening to light novels ( mostly crime/ mystery etc.) nothing heavy...but loving the experience.
Was trying to download from torrents etc.(old habits die hard) but nothing beat the Audible experience.
Thanks Amazon!! ( They don't have an online store in my country, but thankfully Kindle and Audible works with my Amazon India ID)

I have been on audiobooks for quite some years now. Downloaded stuff. Incl. Audible productions ;) Which player did you try for the downloaded audiobooks? I use Simple AuioBook Player Pro. It's very good. Even the non-pro version is ad-free. Pro Costs Rs.100 in India allows you to change the playback speed.

For downloaded books ( most are a large MP3 file not with chapter dividers, reading speed is not the problem) I play them in any music player ( mostly Poweramp).
Yesterday downloaded all the John Grisham books ( I've read most of them before)

As someone who used to be an avid reader, I just can't fathom switching to listening to them instead of reading. I used to listen to Neelesh Misra on radio but felt that I got distracted easily with other things going around me unlike when I have a book in my hand or on a screen.

Ditto..never thought the Kindle could replace the books, it did...now this. Of course I'm reading during daytime..but the audiobook helps a lot at night.

For downloaded books ( most are a large MP3 file not with chapter dividers, reading speed is not the problem) I play them in any music player ( mostly Poweramp).
Yesterday downloaded all the John Grisham books ( I've read most of them before)
I have PowerAmp Pro, but, dedicated audiobook player apps are way much better. Try a couple & you will understand what I am saying.

^ Agreed. Dedicated audiobook app is wayy better. Simple audiobook player works perfect. Listening to audiobooks 7+ years. I switched to audiobooks to save my eyes.
Recommendations for anyone thinking into trying audiobooks.
Ready player one: If you haven't seen the movie. Hands down the best for a newbie.
Martian: Its another crowd favourite. "Thank you all for recommending". But again the movie might ruin things.
Daemon by daniel suarez: Technothriller. You like tech, you like thrillers. You'll like this.

But my absolute fav are brandon sanderson works. Especially those produced by graphicaudio. These are amazing. AMAZING. They cost a bomb. But...
Listen to the first minute of the preview. Not after that, it doesn't do justice to actual book, plus spoilers. https://www.graphicaudiointernational.net/elantris-1-of-3.html

Back