PC Peripherals Anyone has any tips for cutting mouse feet/skates from a PTFE sheet?

ajish65

Patron
I have a Kreo Chimera wireless mouse and would like to replace the current skates with PTFE skates. However, I could not find any readymade feet, since I guess they're a smaller brand. But I did find this PTFE sheet on Amazon.

So anyone have any personal experience with cutting mouse skates out? Especially the small circle around the sensor? The Amazon page says I need to sand down the cut edges; is that necessary? Asking because I'll have to find sandpaper somehow.

Also, any other tips are welcome. Sources for precut skates for this particular mouse are most welcome.

Thanks for reading.

You can go for these

You can go for these
Thanks. How do these work though? You just lay them out in the general shape? Doesn't the lost area that is not covered, affect smoothness/gliding?

I dunno about this product, but I faced the scratchiness issue with a mouse I bought - nail file worked fine for smoothing out the edges.
Ahhh... thanks! A nail file is easier to find around the house for sure. :D
So after cutting, do I file it side-to-side? Or from top to bottom?

Thanks. How do these work though? You just lay them out in the general shape? Doesn't the lost area that is not covered, affect smoothness/gliding?

Ahhh... thanks! A nail file is easier to find around the house for sure. :D
So after cutting, do I file it side-to-side? Or from top to bottom?
If you have a really squishy mousepad it migut cause the bottom plastic base to rub against it. If not wont be an issue. Less dots on mouse=more glide speed. Usually you put like 3-4 on top and bottom. Or you can do with 2 on top and bottom if you want a faster glide. Also be sure to put them as closr to the outer edges of the mouse as possible

OT

No idea on the mouse or the feet, but:

Sandpaper in almost all coarse grits can be found in the nearest hardware shop and they shouldn't cost more than 20 rupees a sheet.

Anything below 320 grit is standard at all hardware shops.

Lower the number, the more coarser the grit and quicker the sanding, at the cost of smoothness.

I have one 320 grit paper that I got 7 years ago and still have half a sheet left.

Also, you can cut these to size to reach nooks and cranies.

If you have a really squishy mousepad it migut cause the bottom plastic base to rub against it. If not wont be an issue. Less dots on mouse=more glide speed. Usually you put like 3-4 on top and bottom. Or you can do with 2 on top and bottom if you want a faster glide. Also be sure to put them as closr to the outer edges of the mouse as possible
Oh wow I would have thought more dots equals more good. Thanks!

OT

No idea on the mouse or the feet, but:

Sandpaper in almost all coarse grits can be found in the nearest hardware shop and they shouldn't cost more than 20 rupees a sheet.

Anything below 320 grit is standard at all hardware shops.

Lower the number, the more coarser the grit and quicker the sanding, at the cost of smoothness.

I have one 320 grit paper that I got 7 years ago and still have half a sheet left.

Also, you can cut these to size to reach nooks and cranies.
Thanks! This is helpful if I go the sandpaper route. :D

Back