Anyone used hilaptop.com ?

madmaniac

Adept
I'm looking to buy a used laptop and this store has great prices but I'm unsure if it's a scam site or not.

Anybody used this site before?

Any other good site to buy used electronics?

nRiTeCh

Veteran
Err...Why even bother with such sites when you got big billion sale running everywhere??

The name itself sounds fishy. They shake it & pee to the top... Hila p Top.

FXGalvatron

Recruit
I assume this is a dead thread but they do have a shop in Chennai (Spencer's Plaza) and if I remember correctly, they were the sponsors for one competition I was participating in.

vivek.krishnan

If you cant see the green dot, I'm offline :P
Veteran
Its a genuine site, is a Chennai based AFAIK.

However, I would suggest to stay away from refurbs if possible

I have helped 2 people who have bought refurbs laptops (1 recently and 1 earlier) and this is what I found

1. They do a basic minimal QA is possible. Laptop boots and works fine - job done. No extended tests are conducted. In this case, the thermal paste was shot. When the bios and drivers were updated, it started misbehaving with glitches.
2. Fake battery + shoddy Windows install. Ideally do a clean format. Battery will be swapped out when possible.

akhilgopal

Lalithamaya Jeevitham B|
Disciple
I remember checking this site long time back. But I have contacted their number and they do have a shop in Chennai. The guy told me that I can visit them directly to purchase the laptop in case I'm worried about buying it online. But yea, refurbs. My cousin has bought a refurb laptop, hp envy, from eBay India back in 2013 and it still runs without much troubles.