Anyone using Air Purifier?

Nalin

Skilled
I am using Coway AirMega 150 in Delhi, however since day 1 it is giving a dusty smell.

Anyone having similar experience?

I have been using a Philips one for the last 2 years, dont have any such issue. Have you checked the filter to see if its clean?

I have cleaned the pre filter, however carbon filter is looking dusty. I called Coway and they said to remove the carbon/hepa filter and blow the sticky dust off with the help of hair dryer. I did the same but it only improves the situation a little bit like 20%.

Out of the box it did not smell like that but within next 3-4 hours it started giving that dusty smell. I doubt if Coway is dumping some kind of inferior product.

I have Coway Air Mega 200 (since last 18 months). Does not have the dusty smell.
Although the carbon filter it tad dusty but that's max I could clean.
Not sure about the best way to clean the HEPA. Found this on youtube comments

1608185974200.png

Concept of Air Purifier is very similar to the likes of Air Conditioning or Heating. It will work only in limited capacity and that too in a closed environment. Outdoor Air will remain Poor and that is not in our hands. But at least we can take care of indoors, still 9 out of 10 people feel it not necessary and take Air Pollution very casually.

I imagine they would be pretty effective against dust while the filter is good but are they effective against gaseous contaminants like the ones from burning things or engine emissions?

BTWo ne thing I noticed after staying mostly at home is that instances of runny nose / common cold is much less common now compared to before. So maybe air filters are a good idea.

I have Coway Air Mega 200 (since last 18 months). Does not have the dusty smell.
Although the carbon filter it tad dusty but that's max I could clean.
Not sure about the best way to clean the HEPA. Found this on youtube comments

View attachment 96247
Can I use air blower? I was thinking of buying either the Philips AC2887 or the Coway airmega 150 for a very tiny room.

Back