Anyone using seat cushion for travel in company bus?

raksrules

Elite
It may seem like a weird query but I am looking for a good quality portable seat cushion to be used for my travel in company bus. My travel is long and company bus is worst. The ones where in the 3 seats only 2 people can sit and such. My bottom hurts a lot with the extended seating in the bus.

Amy suggestions?

Not a weird query. I can relate to that pain.
I recently got SI back pain and I'm looking for a similar seat cushion. Sitting on my butt causes the bones and muscles there to hurt. Was looking at memory foam cushions on Amazon. Most cost above 900 rupees though.

Not a weird query. I can relate to that pain.
I recently got SI back pain and I'm looking for a similar seat cushion. Sitting on my butt causes the bones and muscles there to hurt. Was looking at memory foam cushions on Amazon. Most cost above 900 rupees though.

Yes I too saw those and yes they cost 900--1000+.
Something like this I guess you are mentioning...

This is what i picked up for a relative recently. She seems ok with it. This is for sitting on a plastic chair. Its 100% memory foam. Didn't even remove it from the amazon wrapper. As this pillow does not have a removable cover. If it gets dirty then you can't wash it. The white amazon wrapper is plastic and completely water proof.

Only way you will know what is and isn't right is by trying them out one by one. Spend. Spend.

I was thinking of this one - hybrid memory foam on top and normal foam on bottom. The memory foam dimensions are almost same as what @blr_p mentioned in his link. The only thing extra is the normal foam which is 2 inches thick and stuck to memory foam i think.

I had seen that one but the reviewer of the one i got said it wasn't so good. Only one third memory foam.

It isn't so obvious to tell whether its right or not. When i sat on the one i got it felt weird. There is a weight consideration to think of.

I think the one i got is for people less than 50kg as that will be cheaper than a higher density for heavier people.

More than 50kg then you need a higher density foam. So hybrid might be suitable only for people less than that.

Those cushions in barber shops are normal cushions right? Those are really comfortable. I think those are like 4 inches thick with pleather cover. Thin foam wont cushion the butt bones from jerks in bus and sitting for long times etc. It would be better to get something really thick and comfy like that natural rubber mattress foam.

1800 rupees for 16x16x4 inches. wow.

Those cushions in barber shops are normal cushions right? Those are really comfortable. I think those are like 4 inches thick with pleather cover. Thin foam wont cushion the butt bones from jerks in bus and sitting for long times etc. It would be better to get something really thick and comfy like that natural rubber mattress foam.

Latex is costly.

Try to look for one in store that sell beds. Look for natural latex, or hard foam or medium hard, they will surely help you guys.

Thin foam won't be suitable in a bus. He will need to try different ones

Strange thing about this memory foam is it seems to get tougher when pressure is applied, It isn't like how a typical sponge would behave.

It was developed by NASA to improve seat cushioning so might handle bumps better than other foam.

Just get a thicker cushion ?

Very interesting i need to replace the foam for a sofa cushion i just might give this a go.

Is it that fatty butts aren't much affected compared to bony butts?
As quite oftenly seen, healthy and esp. fat people are like couch potatoes while traveling no matter the bus... they accommodate themselves so comfortably no matter the seat comfort or state.
While thin people find it mostly uncomfortable and keep changing sides and poses even in luxurious seating arrangements.
...poor as$ technicalities:sweatsmile:

Last edited:
It may seem like a weird query but I am looking for a good quality portable seat cushion to be used for my travel in company bus. My travel is long and company bus is worst. The ones where in the 3 seats only 2 people can sit and such. My bottom hurts a lot with the extended seating in the bus.

Amy suggestions?
Any updates ?

Back