PC Peripherals AOC 2434pw - Calling all AOC users

ajmalred

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to buy an 24 inch LCD Monitor. After wide searching I finally fixed to choose the AOC 2434pw 24 inch LCD monitor. Due to its sleak and feature rich specifications.... 60000:1 - 2ms etc.... designnn
AOC Europe - Monitors

I dont know whether this is worth of spending of 16k for this monitor..

And I dont howz the quality of AOC.. I have never heard of AOC brand name till last week.
Please pour your ur thoughts on the brand AOC.....

I'm planning to buy it on Tuesday evening @ Bangalore..

Scrap ur thoughts on AOC 2434pw

I have the monitor and had a tough time deciding between his one and the LED Backlit Dell 2410(I think) but it was priced at Rs18k back then so at Rs16k it should be a no brainer.

It 16:9 and not 16:10 so no black bars at the top and the bottom.

The looks are definitely there and that alone plus the superb panel adjustment is worth it.

But it is not without its nuances during setup though and there isn't much help on the net as this is a European brand and all the support is non english but after that its a breeze.PM me if you have any issues .There are however some pretty good offers for Dell monitors going on in the Dealer's Paradise section.

dont fall for Dynamic Contrast Ratio (DCR)

check its actual contrast ratio. i highly it to be above 1000 : 1

Benq g24 sumthin was selling for around 13k shipped on ebay for a while..

the Dell 24 incher mentioned also seems a good deal at that price point.

@madnav - I too saw Benq G2412HD.. it looked awesome on pictures/ websites... i went n saw directly n shop.. it looked pathetic n exterior.... performance wise benq s gud. is samsung t240hd /240 available in india..... i need a gud lookikng lcd deperately... :-(

If you are so eager about good looks, then get the Samsung 2233SW for 10.5k :) Superb looks, great performAnce :)

Only 1 Con: 22"

Pro: Full HD - 1920x1080

Hey, I have a 22" AOC monitor and am satisfied with the image quality and all. When I bought it the 24" was over my budget, else would have bought that one. :D The viewing angle is not very wide and you can see the colour change as you tilt the monitor up/down.

However I think that may be in part due to the fact that I'm running it on VGA. :D. Plan to get a DVI cable soon (the monitor didn't come with one surprisingly.) And as for quality, I believe they used to supply parts for Philips monitors (dunno about the current situation).

As far as looks go the 2434pw will beat all other monitors in this price range hands down.

Typical contrast ratio is 1000:1 same as s2409w but dcr is 60000:1.

I was going to do a review on the monitor back when I got it but then I got lazy:p

The height adjust/slide/swivel is shown in this

Pic

Only disappointment is that they didn't go all the way and include 90 degree rotate like the 2408WFP :)

@Arun - thx 4 ur PM..I tried Pm'ing u... but got this message...

You may only post 10 messages every 3600 minutes.

ok no probs... 2day eveing I'm going buy that......... thx all for ur feedabcks...

Arun1 said:
I have the monitor and had a tough time deciding between his one and the LED Backlit Dell 2410(I think) but it was priced at Rs18k back then so at Rs16k it should be a no brainer.
It 16:9 and not 16:10 so no black bars at the top and the bottom.
The looks are definitely there and that alone plus the superb panel adjustment is worth it.
But it is not without its nuances during setup though and there isn't much help on the net as this is a European brand and all the support is non english but after that its a breeze.PM me if you have any issues .There are however some pretty good offers for Dell monitors going on in the Dealer's Paradise section.
HEY i am in same kind off trouble . i even got benq 2412hd option which intensifies ma problems .

hey arun1 is the screen glossy or matte . now dell g2410 is available for - Rs 14,000
n AOC - Rs 14,870

The screen isn't glossy and that's a pretty good price drop.

Replying to your pm

The g2410 is LED backlit so definitely you'll notice better contrast compared to other monitors even though its a TN panel but the have compensated for that by making it a very plain monitor.Its not much to look at and there are no height adjust/swivel capabilities.

On the other hand the AOC is pretty good looking to say the least and has an awesome adjust mechanism.Also its contrast ratio is one of the best among non-led backlit monitors at 1000:1 typical and 60000:1 dynamic.

The LED lit g2410 is also slim, and the contrast is much better than others. You can always go for a swivel stand for adjusting purposes. My go is for G2410.

Back