APC-BR 800 IN and the Sandisk Cruzer micro 4gb under the hood.......

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Jus got some stuff yest....

1. APC RS-800 IN...
Amazingly compact fer the VA it offers...
Easily powers my rig fer around 10mins... Not tested but shows tat in d power options in control panel..

Connectivity via USB<----->RJ45.

Lazy to post the pics... :p Will do it soon..

Problem: APC RS 800-IN + Corsair HX620= Hissing sound... :mad:

Damage: Rs. 5300/-

2. Sandisk Cruzer Micro Black 4GB....

One of the fastest pen drives in the planet... :p

Comes with the sync s/w.. And the U3 of corz...

Onboard Avast scanner is simply superb.. Can be upd8d with the l8st virus definitions and can be used to scan host comps to get rid of malwares n virii...

Damage: 2k (Frm Abu Dhabi :p)

^^ at least let him enjoy for a moment ( it was worth 2k ) :p

btw, that drive is fast ( way too fast if you compared to those Trans. once) but not the fastest one out there :)

I said its 'one of the fastest' drives.. Not 'the' fastest drives... :p
Btw it sure is fast.. I transfered a 700Mb .Avi file in less than 2 mins.. :)

gannu_rox said:
Problem: APC RS 800-IN + Corsair HX620= Hissing sound... :mad:

Damage: Rs. 5300/-

Return it... there's serious chance of damaging the power supply. Everyone with a high end PSU has the same issue with the BackUPS series. Stay away from it and get Smart UPS.

^^Yup looks like it. The UPS looks very different from the other Smart UPS models too so i guess its just a slightly modified BackUPS.

I got a SmartUPS 1500VA recently. Compared to my old 750VA, this one is noisy... has a fan that spins up when mains power cuts off and boy that fan is loud :p. Sounds like a Vantec Tornado. Costed a bomb as well... 17.2k+VAT.

Chaos said:
Return it... there's serious chance of damaging the power supply. Everyone with a high end PSU has the same issue with the BackUPS series. Stay away from it and get Smart UPS.

Damn the hissing sound is there wen The thing runs only on battery but I guess I wont be makin it run fer too long.. Cant withstand d damn noise.. :mad: Will shut down instantly..

Back UPS and now the RS series as well.. SMART has no problems.. Lemme see if I can exchange..

But Chaos, has anyone's PSU got damaged coz of dat... :huh: I thot the hissing sound's like a spark gener8in somewher inside like contacts of relays.. :p

@gannu_rox

I have a Corsair 620w PSU and a APC BackUPS RS 800 and a SmartUPS 750i .... no problems with either UPS when connected to system with a Corsair PSU. Just need luck of the draw I suppose. There are lots of threads in the Corsair forum about this problem between the Corsair PSU and APC UPS's .... no one has mentioned a damage to the PSU (not that I have read anyway) ... so I am not 100% certain about there being a chance to damage the PSU. If you want read the threads in the Corsair forum check here... Power Supplies - The Corsair Support Forums

Back