APC SUA1000UXI sudden switch off

rajil.s

Adept
I have had occasions when the UPS has suddenly switched off without giving a signal to the server. The UPS is connected to the server using a USB cable and monitoring is done via apcupsd.

I was wondering if anybody else has come across this behaviour. Is this a manufacturing issue or whether my UPS is on its death bed?

What are other preferred sinewave UPS which can be monitored on the computer?

check thebattery voltage. this happens when battery has gone bad and cannot take any load.

i haven't come across any other sine wave or normal square wave ups that can be monitored on computer.

Some stats from the UPS are pasted below. The battery voltage seems to be fine. I have been looking into CyberPower as a alternative but looks like they dont sell Line Interactive Sinewave UPS in India.

@Chaos, Is the SUA1500I model any good and what battery do they use? The internal batteries put me off, since the battery size becomes fixed. Unfortunately, there isnt an external battery option for 1500VA.

JwpYBe.png

2rtyqz.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1509582741][/DOUBLEPOST]Anybody knows the cost of online offerings from APC (SRC1KUXI and SRC1000UXIND)?

Last edited:
I got the following quote from a apc vendor in lucknow:
Price of SUA1000UXI (without battery) Rs.12500/-+18% GST= Rs.14750/-

SRC1KUXI/SRC1000UXIND (both without battery) Cost will be Rs. 18000+18% GST= Rs.21240/-

Last edited:
But as many of us has noticed degraded services from apc and their frequently failing products is it still wise to go for apc?

Why use this when you can use APCs own Parachute.
Apcupsd is supported on both Linux and FreeBSD. It can work in a client server architecture i.e. All my other devices acting as apcupsd clients can shutdown when main PC running the server shutsdown. It does not need a GUI and has an excellent command line interface.

Parachute is some Java thing and requires a Gui. I tried it a long time ago and wasn't impressed.

Back