PC Peripherals APC UPS Query

harmandeep

VirTuaLiZaTioN Freak
Adept
Hi, i wanna purchase a New UPS - but need a bit info for these specific models

1) APC BR600CI-IN

2) BE650Y-IN

Query - When UPS discharge fully, and thereby when AC Current is restored - will the UPS will automatically turn on the Current or NOT - or

do we need to PUSH the power button to get the AC Current ON.

Regards

You can configure the profile using the powerchute software. If the UPS shutsdown due to low battery, then you will have to turn on the UPS when the power resumes. Infact all the UPS act this way.

I recently bought APC SUA1500I UPS and there is an option to automatically turn on power to connected load when battery is charged to configured percentage when the mains power is back

I have a BE650Y-IN and it switches on automatically when the power is restored even if the UPS gets discharged and shuts down.

Guys - thanks for reply - and i had purchased apc 600va model from noida sec 18 for 2200/- | and yes - the AC Current is restored in the above mentioned scenario.

Guys - got an issue with this UPS - which was escalated for APC official Support - and visit Engg. said that ISSUE would likely to be forward to a Senior / or main R&D of that Manufacturing Batch.

Issue --- AVR unit of this model doesn't regulates AC Current --- i.e. simply bypasses Voltage --- as high as 270-280 V.

have you installed the apc software which came with the ups? it has a setting for upper and lower voltages. maybe its not set properly. i had set mine to 255V before removing the software from my pc.

^^^ we ain't talking about Input Voltage Sensitivity Range and this specific UPS isn't manageable unlike the 650VA model.

Guys - got an issue with this UPS - which was escalated for APC official Support - and visit Engg. said that ISSUE would likely to be forward to a Senior / or main R&D of that Manufacturing Batch.

exactly what they told me when my BR1000IN couldnt handle the fluctuations....the eng. will say he will escalate and later you will recieve a call from "senior" guy and he will give gome mail address to send some screen shot and he will promise it will be sent to the factory and all but nothing will happen afterwards.

Only thing they will do is come and replace the unit as it goes kaput...they replaced my unit more than10 times within the warranty period....i stopped counting after the 10th replacement
<

Same here in the 2 years of standard warranty they replaced my unit 5 times. After the last replacement things have been going on well from the last 10 months , keeping my fingers crossed.

Back