Apex legend pc Airtel fiber packet loss

captivating

Disciple
Hey guys I am using Airtel fiber connection and I am getting packet loss on my Airtel connection. The loss ranges from 5% to 25%. But I am having a hard time convincing Airtel guys that the packet loss is happening from the Airtel side .

If any one uses Airtel fiber and play apex legends please share your connection stats. Also because of it I am planning to get their static ip hoping that it will make a difference in packet loss

Test here and see for yourself first if it's actually an issue. It could be caused by your router/AP as well.
Packet loss on fiber is a rare thing it's mostly due to hardware.

Also bufferbloat is a thing and can't easily be mitigated unless you get good networking hardware with SQM QOS capabilities.
Can check bufferbloat issue here: https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat

I also have Airtel fiber 200Mbps plan. I'm using x86 OpenWRT router with SQM QOS enabled using CAKE (piece of cake) algorithm.
Here are my results:
1672393598301.png

1672393608045.png

Last edited:

Test here and see for yourself first if it's actually an issue. It could be caused by your router/AP as well.
Packet loss on fiber is a rare thing it's mostly due to hardware.

Also bufferbloat is a thing and can't easily be mitigated unless you get good networking hardware with SQM QOS capabilities.
Can check bufferbloat issue here: https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat

I also have Airtel fiber 200Mbps plan. I'm using x86 OpenWRT router with SQM QOS enabled using CAKE (piece of cake) algorithm.
Here are my results:
View attachment 155946
View attachment 155947
Are you using LAN connection or WiFi?

LAN of course. Wifi will have increased latency due to interference and possible wifi adaptor quality issues thus is never recommended for gaming.
I hope OP is not playing games on WIfi lol.
Ha that explains..I am using same but getting A. You folks are lucky who can use Lan cable.

LAN of course. Wifi will have increased latency due to interference and possible wifi adaptor quality issues thus is never recommended for gaming.
I hope OP is not playing games on WIfi lol.
This is my test results . There is packet loss

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 143
Holy shit, hope you got your proof.
Also with this amount of loss you would probably be getting lags in voice chatting in discord, google meet, teams etc.
You can show them that as well.

This seems like a modem/router issue. Try to get them to change it and check.

Holy shit, hope you got your proof.
Also with this amount of loss you would probably be getting lags in voice chatting in discord, google meet, teams etc.
You can show them that as well.

This seems like a modem/router issue. Try to get them to change it and check.
They keep saying ping www.google.com and check they have no idea what they are doing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 132
They keep saying ping www.google.com and check they have no idea what they are doing
With constant packet loss you should get some "Request timed out." on pings too. Keep an indefinite ping active and you'll see.

Anyways, what you could try is put your modem/router which airtel provided you in bridge mode if possible and then use your own router to do the PPPoE connection and routing tasks.
Not sure how easy will it be to configure bridge mode on your current CPE as airtel likes to lock it down to maximum.

I have a Huawei HG8145v5 which airtel installed. In the WAN section I just created a VLAN and set it to LAN port 4 and put it to bridge mode. Disabled their already existing VLAN which was connecting to internet using PPPoE and turned off all wifi capabilities of that and use cable from port 4 to my self-built x86 OpenWRT router on the WAN port. You can use any router from the market and run a cable from port you put bridge mode on to WAN port of router and then configure a PPPoE connection using your username/password of airtel connection.
This will make that airtel provided device a dumb fiber to ethernet converter and all routing will be done on your own router.

If you don't wanna go this route then it'll take time but you'll have to convince them to try a different modem/router to see if it fixes your issue.

I had the similar problem on Jio... Followed this guide except WTFast Part. Change the DNS.. Flush DNS... Did some Port Forwarding and BAM..! Ping Went from 250ms to 100ms with no packet loss.:).

Getting packet loss from their server but Airtel guys somewhat are failing to understand the problem . What can be done here guys please help

Attachments

• EF9B9F65-62C2-44F1-8B05-E47F367299EE.jpeg
    EF9B9F65-62C2-44F1-8B05-E47F367299EE.jpeg
    483.2 KB · Views: 138
I had the same issue bought Surfshark vpn 2 years for 5k and grinded diamond 2 seasons ago this season there is no packet loss even without the vpn

I was using lan but my problem is solved . But what’s funny it took 1 months for the team leader in my city to find a guy who was located at gurgoan to fix it . They were playing emails emails for 1 months stupid airtel . The problem was a port

Back