Car & Bike App Developers | Help required

honest1

Skilled
App developers and enthusiasts,

I am currently using a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) service by JK Tyre, which requires a companion app to function. However, I've encountered a significant issue with this app and I am super unhappy with it. It mandates access to my precise background location to operate and despite not actively using the app, it continues to track my location every few minutes, which raises concerns about privacy and data security.

I've been in communication with the developer regarding this matter, but their responses have been vague and unhelpful. They haven't provided a satisfactory explanation for why the app needs constant location access or how they are handling this sensitive information.

Given these circumstances, I'm seeking advice on how to ensure that the developer does not misuse the location permission. What steps can I take to safeguard my privacy while still being able to use the essential features of the TPMS service? Are there any best practices or tools available to monitor and control app permissions more effectively?

Your insights and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1721388574837.png
1721388594059.png

Back