[App] Photoshop Camera

PoBoy

Skilled

Adobe has announced a new app in Photoshop Camera. As its name implies, Camera leverages Adobe's image processing chops to apply effects to photos in real time, ostensibly circumventing the need to use the company's other software to add them after the fact... The app also saves a copy of the photo without any adjustments applied, so you don't have to worry about taking multiple photos of a single scene.

It’s available now as a preview for iOS and Android devices and targeted for general availability in 2020.

You need to sign up for early access. I think i'll wait for it to hit the playstore.

Doubt it will offer much in terms of just image quality over stock camera especially if on Android.

More details :
According to a recent report from The Verge, the Photoshop Camera app makes use of the company’s artificial intelligence platform Sensei to recognize subjects in photos and then automatically suggests which filters to apply. It allows users to try the filters in real-time or apply them to images taken from the camera roll. The app is currently available as a preview to a select group of users on Android and iOS and it features a variety of different filters from select artists......

Google was offering this AI powered camera over a year ago. Trying to figure out what exactly this AI does with image comparisons i drew a blank.

The colours seem different and interesting to a non-AI camera. Let's call it HDR++

Other than that i don't know what this AI business supposedly does. Smarter HDR ?

I've never been all that comfortable with HDR as it kills dynamic range.

Having everything appear evenly exposed isn't realistic. Works in some scenes but not all

But this is being held as some new photographic standard when its not :|

Last edited:
Google was offering this AI powered camera over a year ago. Trying to figure out what exactly this AI does with image comparisons i drew a blank.

The colours seem different and interesting to a non-AI camera. Let's call it HDR++

Other than that i don't know what this AI business supposedly does. Smarter HDR ?

I've never been all that comfortable with HDR as it kills dynamic range.

Having everything appear evenly exposed isn't realistic. Works in some scenes but not all

But this is being held as some new photographic standard when its not :|
True that.. people kill the photos for even lighting or some ugly hdr processing.

Requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-camera/system-requirements.html

Android version Android9, Android10

Supported devices
  • Pixel 3/XL, Pixel 4/XL
  • Samsung S9/S9+, Samsung S10/S10+/S10 5G, Samsung Note 9, Samsung Note 10/10+/10 5G, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G/S20+ 5G/S20 Ultra 5G
  • One Plus 6/6T and above

Requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-camera/system-requirements.html
Is there any specific reason that it supports only premium tier Android phones? On Iphone side it supports 6s onwards

Is there any specific reason that it supports only premium tier Android phones? On Iphone side it supports 6s onwards

Actually @PoBoy listed only Android part. This is from their page; supporting iPhone 6S and above running iOS 12 and above

1591866759531.png

Back