Apple Event — September 14, 2021

Conflicting reports everywhere as some reports were also saying that the iPad 9 and iPad Mini 6 will be also launched in this event. I am in wait and watch mode.
what we know already is outlined here - https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/13/tech/apple-event-september-14/index.html

Live streaming link ( 10:30pm IST) -

Does anyone know if they are going to say anything about the new M1X macbooks ?
My laptop died some time back, and i wanted a little more powerful and bigger screen than the existing M1 13 inches.
All the reports I have read have mentioned another event, but in 2021, itself for the Macbooks. So I guess, there is an agreement regarding the release date of Macbooks.

Last edited:
So Apple announced iPad, iPad mini, iPhone 13 and watch 7. No airpods 3 for now. New Macs are expected later this year and looks like new Mac mini will be pushed to next year. iPhone 13 does look like an upgrade especially with 128 GB base storage, larger battery and rack focus in pro model at the same old price. Pro res is coming soon too. Same goes for ipad mini. USB C, faster processor, center stage, Apple pencil 2 support and more. A good upgrade. Now everything depends on pricing in India.

So Apple announced iPad, iPad mini, iPhone 13 and watch 7. No airpods 3 for now. New Macs are expected later this year and looks like new Mac mini will be pushed to next year. iPhone 13 does look like an upgrade especially with 128 GB base storage, larger battery and rack focus in pro model at the same old price. Pro res is coming soon too. Same goes for ipad mini. USB C, faster processor, center stage, Apple pencil 2 support and more. A good upgrade. Now everything depends on pricing in India.
The pricing in India can already be found on Apple India website.

What i could make was that the most practical update is the ipad mini, pretty huge upgrade..
Iphone was expected but minibis the most genuine take away.

Had bought the 8th gen ipad last December otherwise would have got the new mini this year.

I guess will wait for another year to upgrade.

Perfect time to buy iPhone 12 Pro Max for me now.
It has already been removed from Apple's website. iPhone 12 and 11 are still listed as a single variant.

Perfect time to buy iPhone 12 Pro Max for me now.
It has already been removed from Apple's website. iPhone 12 and 11 are still listed as a single variant.
Yup, same happened last year. Wanted to buy 11 pro after 12 announcement. Got deleted from apple website and couldn't find stock anywhere(offline too).

Biggest update seems to be the iPad mini. Massive changes.
Welcome battery life improvements to iPhone 13 series, looking forward to reviews to confirm it.

I'll probably end up buying the Apple Watch Series 7. Indian pricing not available for it at the moment. Their Website says "Available later this year". I might buy the new ipad base model as well for note taking and reading (magzter). I see no reason to upgrade my 3 year old XR, the damn thing works as if its brand new.

I'll probably end up buying the Apple Watch Series 7. Indian pricing not available for it at the moment. Their Website says "Available later this year". I might buy the new ipad base model as well for note taking and reading (magzter). I see no reason to upgrade my 3 year old XR, the damn thing works as if its brand new.

I am not even updating my 6S yet. Same with my wife's iPhone X.

I wanted to buy Mini earlier too for watching videos on the go when office starts but the 47K price is something I feel is more. They didn't bump the capacity too. Anyways I don't need to buy it until we get notification from office to start work and most importantly company bus resumes. Else will go back to my modest Fire 7.

[emoji1787]
IMG-20210915-WA0006.jpg

My thoughts on the launch ( limited to the tablets)
1. iPad base model - Should have given it the USB C port and it would have been the perfect upgrade.
2. iPad Mini 6 is now just a few thousand less than the 2020 iPad Air which I think would make the iPad Air 2020 more attractive to a potential Indian buyer. Theoretically, the 2 have different use cases but the Indian mind with the philosophy of "kitna mileage deti hai" can throw theory to the winds.
3. I loved the fact that right after the launch, the products were revealed on their website along with the pricing. No high strung drama & "playing hard to get" unlike the Chinese & Korean companies who supposedly "launch" something on one day and nobody gets to see the Indian prices or the products in the Indian market till another eternity.

:playful::playful::playful:

Last edited:
My thoughts on the launch ( limited to the tablets)
1. iPad base model - Should have given it the USB C port and it would have been the perfect upgrade.

OMG. I didn't know that a USB C port can be a perfect upgrade for a premium device and Apple still didn't give one.

USB C Port is so futuristic.

It's more of iPhone 12S then 13. I guess next year with new manufacturing node we should see some great features like under display camera, touchid and better performance. Apple was reluctant to share the performance improvement of A15 over A14. Probably it was in single percentage range.

Price is in higher side of the iPad Mini 6 due to A15 inside and that place this product right after M1 iPad Pro, but still if the price was below 40k then it will become VFM. But at this price 128GB storage upgrade reasonable to expect.

Cellular varient of the same cost 61k.

pricing out ,, so discouraging :(

iph13.jpg

Price is in higher side of the iPad Mini 6 due to A15 inside and that place this product right after M1 iPad Pro, but still if the price was below 40k then it will become VFM. But at this price 128GB storage upgrade reasonable to expect.

Cellular varient of the same cost 61k.
yes thanks to the ever increasing tax-system of this country.
The only option is to go and buy from Vietnam/Dubai.

Yikes!

Looks like the usual conversion of USDx100 has now shifted to USDx120(going by 13pro prices). Not looking good for future releases, maybe even non Apple stuff.

Time to adopt simple living.
looks like this is the only way...

apple is on decline for quite sometime, ( https://www.phoneworld.com.pk/apple-market-share-continues-to-decline-feel-sorry-for-apple/)

when they kept iPhone 13 mini in lineup, yesterday i though they wanted to stay in business even in mid-segment. but when i see it cost 70K.. i mean come on who with sane mind wil get a phone such as mini in that price??

Important factor, we/i moved to apple because of "privacy" claims of apple.. which seems were just a marketing gimmick in present scenario.
Its better to go android way and flash it with graphene/lineage. atlest people will get a much much batter hardware specs.
Android there are multiple ways to control what data is going out of our devices.. Apple we just have a front end, with absolutely no control.

maybe even non Apple stuff.

yes this is the reson motabhai is releasing 4G phone in 3600/- for Indians.
that is our aukat as per our govt. iPhone, etc is anti-national stuffs to promote foreign business.

Last edited:
Back