Apple Event - 21st March, 2016

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
I am creating this thread for tracking Apple event taking place today and to discuss about announcements made.

For developers
- two new "kits"
- CareKit and ReasearKit

Apple Watch
- Price dropped to $299
- New Nylon woven straps in four colors

Apple TV
- tvOS gets updated (update rolls out today)
- Folders, Siri for App Store, Dictation, Live photos support

iPhone
- Named iPhone SE
- 4" screen
- 64-bit processor A9 processor and M9 motion co-processor
- available in Rose Gold
- 2x faster than iPhone 5S in processing power
- 3x faster than iPhone 5S in graphic capability
- 12MP iSight, 4K video capture camera and all other goodies from iPhone 6S camera
- VoLTE, 802.11ac WiFi
- supports ApplePay using NFC
- 16GB starts at $399 and 64GB at $499
- Pre-order starts from 24th March and ships from 31st March

iOS 9.3
- Night shift feature (like f.lux); shifts color to warmer automatically
- Notes are now password protected
- revamped News app
- available today

iPad Pro
- 9.7" Retina screen
- same display assembly as iPad Pro, 500 nits display and 40% less reflective than iPad Air
- True tone display - adjusts color temperature according to ambient light
- 4 speakers
- 64bit A9X processor with M9 co-processor
- Always On voice assistant - Hey Siri
- supports smaller Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil
- 12MP iSight, 4K video capture camera and all other goodies from iPhone 6S/SE camera
-same 4 colors as iPhone 6S/SE
- 32GB at $599, 128GB at$749 and 256GB at $899
- pre-order 24th March and ships on 31st March
- iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB at $1099
- iPad Air 2 from $399

Last edited:
Probably have to wait for a future event for rumoured Macbooks (Pro/Air/whatever) with the juicy new Intel Optane SSD tech in them??? :D

Same pricing mistakes.
India smartphones users love screen size between 5" to 5.5" and 4inch SE 16GB starts at 39,000, You spend more 4k and get a 4.7" 6S 16Gb plus 3D touch, OIS etc. Logic less!

Pricing Fail

Looks like Apple is trying Samsung pricing strategy in India. :|
and people are still gonna buy them anyway. -\_o_/-
What i don't understand is why they are still sticking to 4". 4.5-4.7" will look beautiful imo. If it was an android phone people will want to clobber the companies behind them but since its Apple they will praise the phone either way.

2GB Ram. Confirmed. http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_se_2gb_of_ram_old_touchid_and_selfie_cam-news-17364.php

This phone is good at 25k for the 16G base model and 30-32k for 64Gb. We're going to see this price by June End. Looks like Apple is trying Samsung pricing strategy in India. :|

Phone's coming on April 8th.theyre not slashing prices by 20%+ in just one/two months.
Samsung pricing strategy?? S7 is 670$ in US, which is 46K.. Here it's 49K . pretty reasonable. Online prices for sammy sets always go down once initial launch hype and sales are done.

The only reason to get SE is if you want a 4" SE product in 2016.

What i don't understand is why they are still sticking to 4". 4.5-4.7" will look beautiful imo.

I hate the pricing as much as everyone too. But I love the 4" form factor of iphone 5 and 5s and I know several others like myself. I sold my 5 just a few days back, and I have been using a 6 for several months now, but I miss the 4" form factor very much.

I have had a Note 3 for more than 2 yrs now, and I love that phone too, carrying it all the time can be a PITA sometimes. But on the iphone, 4" is what I like.

What i don't understand is why they are still sticking to 4". 4.5-4.7" will look beautiful imo. If it was an android phone people will want to clobber the companies behind them but since its Apple they will praise the phone either way.
True that!!!I
I have noticed some people have biased opinion towards Apple.Let me give you an example.There's a friend of mine who whenever plans to buy a phone he first considers if he really needs a new phone.Then,he thinks out about the feature he needs.He,then asses the problems that are popping out.Then,he contemplate and then he evaluates his decision.Then finally he takes a long hard look at the device.Then,he buys it.But he thinks that's not enough.So he thinks over his decison so that he can satisfy his over-analizing mind that he has made a nice one.But,one day, another friend of mine bought an iPhone 6.And he showed it to him.And I was present at the moment and I don't know what happened to him, he just curiously asked my friend whats the lowest price of an apple iphone.My friend said around 20 k.He just took out the money from his cash register and said,"Let's go and buy an iPhone".It just boggled my mind.I din't know whats happening.Where did his analysis-paralyisis thing have gone?I later asked him that why without thinking for even a milisecond, he with all possible haste,like a whirlwind he made his decision.He said,"The status of owning an apple,and that shinning apple logo"And man I was stunned because thats was a brutally honest answer.But,eventually he ended up selling his iphone.Don't ask me the reason now.People who switch to iPhone give reasons like performance,battery life etc.But thats not true.Atleast for some people.Those are not reasons,those are excuses to switch to something which might not even fulfil thier needs.Those are excuses to get the bragging rights.And to be very honest I was one of them.But,I took a lesson from his mistake and made a rule in my life,"Whenever you buy something,make sure it serves your purposes".As of now I own a Macbook,and I din't buy it for the brand "Apple".I bought it because it fulfills my needs.

Apple finally acknowledged the pricing error of Apple watch, reduced its price by 100 USD.

Probably iPhone SE would meet the same fate, Indian pricing is really absurd ; getting from US seems a better option. Z3 compact was launched at 42k initially became successful, let's see. Their cheap tactics of offering abysmal storage on base model continues though, Apple hasn't learnt anything from declining iPhone 6s sales.

Ipad pro 9.7 seems to be a better option than 12 " one , the regular ipad air 2 will become obsolete if the price difference isn't huge.

Off late nothing revolutionary from Apple, especially after Jobs death, its become easily predictable, Next Apple iPhone /ipad event predictions?

Samsung drops 5-6k in 3months from the launch date. I was referring to that.

Lets see how much how apple slashes prices at the end of June.
Didn't Samsung claimed that the price of the S6 would never go down in the first 6 months? What happened to that?[DOUBLEPOST=1458815355][/DOUBLEPOST]
And man I was stunned because thats was a brutally honest answer.

*drum roll*
mwehehe :evil:[DOUBLEPOST=1458815615][/DOUBLEPOST]
Next Apple iPhone /ipad event predictions?

Umm lets see... iPhone with 720p screen resolution with 8K camera video recording capability and 2x the performance of iPhone 6?

Last edited:
Didn't Samsung claimed that the price of the S6 would never go down in the first 6 months? What happened to that?[DOUBLEPOST=1458815355][/DOUBLEPOST]

*drum roll*
mwehehe :evil:[DOUBLEPOST=1458815615][/DOUBLEPOST]

Umm lets see... iPhone with 720p screen resolution with 8K camera video recording capability and 2x the performance of iPhone 6?
Nope, Samsung instead offered a protection for price reduction in first 6 months for early adopters of S6 in the form of Payback points, Free wireless charger, one time screen replacement etc...

Samsung actually priced S7 launch a 1000 Rs less than S6 launch price, which I believe is a right thing to do. Hope Apple learns from this.

I don't mind keeping the screen resolution same on iPhone but offering only 16gb storage on phone costing above 35k isn't acceptable.

why must every apple discussion boil down to price, if discussion ends at that only then there is no discussion. if you keep worrying about price you will miss out from appreciating a lot of fine gadgets from all manufacturers

I like the small size, wish it were smaller.
Don't see why touch n type, miniaturisation and voice control should not bring back candybars again

Last edited:
Back