Apple Event - iPhone 16

Apple is set to launch the iPhone 16 series on September 9th.
">August 26, 2024</a></blockquote>

photo_2024-08-27 16.47.48.jpeg

Fully enthusiastic Tim Cook, "Our bestest, fastest, AI'est, Iphone with never before seen features on an iPhone such as fully recycled charging cable which you can buy for only $99 and save the planet." Get ready for a "new" iphone with exact same features and design as the last one. But, the bestest ever.
Who gives a shit? Even my cycle repair man is now "rocking" an iphone (probably on EMI). Didn't ask. But was shocked to hear the ringtone and a brand new shiny iphone came out of his pocket.

Fully enthusiastic Tim Cook, "Our bestest, fastest, AI'est, Iphone with never before seen features on an iPhone such as fully recycled charging cable which you can buy for only $99 and save the planet." Get ready for a "new" iphone with exact same features and design as the last one. But, the bestest ever.
Who gives a shit? Even my cycle repair man is now "rocking" an iphone (probably on EMI). Didn't ask. But was shocked to hear the ringtone and a brand new shiny iphone came out of his pocket.
Still don't understand why iPhone keeps getting equated with flaunting. It is just a tool FFS and doesn't matter who uses it for what.

It is expected of Apple since they have been creating and using these presentation techniques over several years but it is more cringeworthy seeing Google and Samsung follow the exact same minimalistic setup, with "best ever" statements and summarization slides. Not sure why other brands completely lack originality in presentation.

Still don't understand why iPhone keeps getting equated with flaunting. It is just a tool FFS and doesn't matter who uses it for what.

It is expected of Apple since they have been creating and using these presentation techniques over several years but it is more cringeworthy seeing Google and Samsung follow the exact same minimalistic setup, with "best ever" statements and summarization slides. Not sure why other brands completely lack originality in presentation.
I am pretty sure that a phone which costs north of 60K for someone with a salary of around 10K when equally practical options exist around 10K is bought for the explicit purpose of flaunting. I would have thought the same had he taken out a Samsung Ultra. I feel sad that they spend half a year's worth of their salary (at the level of their salary where basic necessities are dependent on their salary) on such useless stuff.

Apple is cringeworthy. Everyone is 100x of them in copying them and they don't have the same "shameless" confidence as Apple in their products, especially when there is nothing new.

I am pretty sure that a phone which costs north of 60K for someone with a salary of around 10K when equally practical options exist around 10K is bought for the explicit purpose of flaunting. I would have thought the same had he taken out a Samsung Ultra. I feel sad that they spend half a year's worth of their salary (at the level of their salary where basic necessities are dependent on their salary) on such useless stuff.

Apple is cringeworthy. Everyone is 100x of them in copying them and they don't have the same "shameless" confidence as Apple in their products, especially when there is nothing new.
Almost every flagship mobile will only have subtle improvements over 2 generations. Thats why you skip atleast 4 years before buying another flagship. Google Samsung Apple are all same.

Almost every flagship mobile will only have subtle improvements over 2 generations. Thats why you skip atleast 4 years before buying another flagship. Google Samsung Apple are all same.
To be fair, Samsung is the worst money grab among these brands. Their AI integration was laughably bad and they did so just to be able to add AI as a marketing term for the S24 lineup. Google has gone all-in as well but at least their solutions are more practical. Apple has to tie up with OpenAI being late to the game but their execution in terms of integration will be much better.

Back