Budget Above 25K Apple iPhone for app development purpose to buy now or wait if necessary !

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I have been working one being a mobile app dev recently and was thinking if for developing iOS app requires a physical devices or not.

I have a Hackintosh so that part is covered but should I buy a iPhone for testing purpose also ?

If so the which iphone to buy ? It's August already now and in September they might launch new iphones so should I be waiting for that to just buy one now ?

I was thinking of iPhone XR 128gb but want a phone which can be used at least for 3 years for development.

I have no idea about apple product trends regarding pricing.

Let me know your suggestions [emoji846]

I have been working one being a mobile app dev recently and was thinking if for developing iOS app requires a physical devices or not.

I have a Hackintosh so that part is covered but should I buy a iPhone for testing purpose also ?

If so the which iphone to buy ? It's August already now and in September they might launch new iphones so should I be waiting for that to just buy one now ?

I was thinking of iPhone XR 128gb but want a phone which can be used at least for 3 years for development.

I have no idea about apple product trends regarding pricing.

Let me know your suggestions [emoji846]

At my end, we are working on mobile app solution as well. To build IPA, we need mac - you are covered here. Also most times you are able to use simulator to look for behavior. Only in very specific areas we need device to test.

Coming to Apple pricing trends, I think iPhone XR was cheapest during Amazon Prime day for about 46K-ish. Usually Apple reduces pricing (approx 15-20% depending on price tier) of old devices with new if they are not having overlapped device. IMO, if you get iPhone XR at 45K-ish in any sale before September, get it.

At my end, we are working on mobile app solution as well. To build IPA, we need mac - you are covered here. Also most times you are able to use simulator to look for behavior. Only in very specific areas we need device to test.

Coming to Apple pricing trends, I think iPhone XR was cheapest during Amazon Prime day for about 46K-ish. Usually Apple reduces pricing (approx 15-20% depending on price tier) of old devices with new if they are not having overlapped device. IMO, if you get iPhone XR at 45K-ish in any sale before September, get it.
I don't think that will be the case and I here it was 43 - 45 based on cashback + exchange ( don't know if 64 or 128gb variant ). Let's see how things workout [emoji28]

This year 3 modals are coming as I read yesterday itself. And I hope XR is one of the model. So finger crossed here [emoji28]

According to reports Tim babua sathiya Gaya he as he is considering to discontinue the xr which is their 48% market just because it's cheap [emoji53]

Will be concentrating on SaaS for premium and only premium devices. That's what making me confused [emoji19]

Back