Apple iPod touch 32GB - Where to buy in Pune?

R0H!T

Adept
Hi,

I am planning of buying 32GB iPod touch this weekend. Any suggestions where to buy in Pune? what price to expect? any offers going on currently?
Also, if I buy in Mumbai, is there any substantial price difference?

Thanks

You can buy it from Croma in Pune. There are two Croma outlets, one on Sholapur Highway on the way to Magarpatta City. The other is near Viman Nagar on the old airport road.

You could also check out SaReGaMa on M.G. Road, or even Landmark in S.G.S. Mall.

For general pricing structure check online. ebay.in is a good indicator.

If you want a demo go to Croma / Vijay sales and what not snazzy places. If you wanna buy then go to a shop where you know you will be paying for the product and not the monthly electric bill of that store. I'm not sure where you might be able to get the 32GB iPod over the counter but quite a few shops will order it for you.

Imagine Store
21, LEVEL ONE,
MARIPLEX MALL KALYANI NAGAR
PUNE - 411014
phone: 91 20 27034082

Imagine store
308, FIRST FLOOR,KAKADE CENTER PORT
UNIVERSITY ROAD, SHIVAJINAGAR
PUNE - 411016
phone: 91 20 26113853

I would rather buy Apple products from these premium resellers as here we get up-to-date firmwares and better peace of mind.

I suggest buying off ebay.in

I've bought 3 ipod 32GB 3rd Gen's in the recent past and always got better deal on ebay.in than Bangalore / Chennai / Hyderabad stores.

It's selling for 15K - use CITI coupon by today and get it for 14K!

@thogaibalu

even I am thinking same. I have HDFC card.

can you tell me the dealer name?

also, what if there is some problem in the piece that I buy? how is the normal procedure in that case?

also, where can I get information abt latest coupons?

sorry for some noob questions...but I have not purchased anything from ebay before.

There is huge price difference if you buy it in grey market.

I bought mine in feb 10 at 14.3k from Heerapanna mumbai :hap2:...and the market price was 18k :tongue:

its upto u whether to buy it from grey or apple shop..but the price difference is big..

@sachin

I am getting it with bill and warranty for around 14.7K...from ebay (with 500 coupon of HDFC)

so I guess that is the best deal that I can get

RVK2488 said:
@sachin

I am getting it with bill and warranty for around 14.7K...from ebay (with 500 coupon of HDFC)

so I guess that is the best deal that I can get

That is a good deal you are getting. Go for it and enjoy the endless fun!

thank you all for your responses..

one last thing...some dealers are selling it with leather case and charger etc...from fellow TE experienced people, I want to know - what such accessory (cover / charger etc) is necessary from start..the day you buy ipod? so that I can look for a similar deal?

Getting accessories for the iPod totally depends on you. I realized as soon as I laid my hands on my iPod that it is a fingerprint magnet. Both on the metallic back as well as the screen. The screen you can do nothing about as it is the mainstay of the device, but you could get a case for it.

What type of case? Silicon case, or clear plastic hard case, or designer hard case? Belkin : iPod Touch 2G

Again depends on you. You could also go in for a decal skin if you want. DecalGirl : Stylish Protection For Your Gadgets!

As far as charging goes, the USB cable provided with the iPod is good enough to plug it into an idle USB port on any computer. You could also get a simple AC to USB adapter like this one - Apple USB Power Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

I have one such adapter and I pair it with this cable - DealExtreme: $3.28 Universal USB Power Charging Cable for iPod/PSP/NDS/NDSi/NDS Lite/MP3/MP4/iPhone 2G/3G

It charges my iPod, PSP and NDS all at the same time!

@OP,
Sorry for the delay.
RVK2488 said:
@thogaibalu
even I am thinking same. I have HDFC card.
can you tell me the dealer name?
Some 2 chennai based sellers. I think this seller and this one. But both of them dont have ipod listed. You can get from anyone with >1000 positive feedback and >99% score.
RVK2488 said:
also, what if there is some problem in the piece that I buy? how is the normal procedure in that case?
Once you receive, if the item has any problems, don't "confirm receipt" in paisapay. Contact the seller and they would solve it out (They wont get the money till you confirm receipt :), So, the ball is always in your court.)
RVK2488 said:
also, where can I get information abt latest coupons?
TE of course! Check this thread. I've also heard Retailmenot is very good.

This seller has it for 14.6K after eBay HDFC coupon. I also have a 5% upto 750 coupon for this week. PM me if you want to use it.

As for accessories, I dont have any with my 32GB. :) You might want to change the earphones (Get Soundmagic MP21, apple earphones tear your ear :D). Also if you want to maintain the looks, get some silicone case for the back, and LCD protector. USB power adapter is very convenient (you dont have to look for computer/laptop) but only some adapter's work with 3G touch. (I'm yet to find one for mine, after trying 6-7 chargers of 2-3 make.)

@thogaibalu

Thanks for the info.

@everyone,

I have paid the amount on ebay...but now I received a mail stating that there will be octroi (dealer is from mumbai - so mumbai to pune).

Is anyone aware of the exact octroi details? (I think it is 3% but I am not sure :()

Back