Apple iPod touch to be launched in India by October

Aman27deep

Skilled
Apple iPod touch to be launched in India by October

The Apple iPod Touch was announced on September 12th, the same day Apple revealed the iPhone 5 to the world, and now news is coming that the Apple iPod Touch is ready to release in India by the end of this month. And also, the iPhone 5 is likely to see the light of the day in India on the 26th of this month.

The new multimedia device from Apple now has a 4 inch Retina Display at a resolution of 1136 x 640 pixels at a PPI of 326. There is also a very good quality rear 5 Mega Pixel iSight camera and it can also record 1080p videos. The CPU present here is the Apple A5 dual core chip, and Siri is also present here, the Apple personal assistant.

The new iPod Touch will come in a brand new thin design and now the back is covered in Aluminium for the first time. And it is now coming in five new colours. It is the slimmest iPod touch ever, measuring in at just 6 mm, and it is also very light at 88 grams.

There are two Variants of the Apple iPod Touch 5G as it is being called now, 32 GB and 64 Gb. A 16 GB model no longer exists. The 32 GB one will launch in India at Rs. 23,900 and the 64 GB version will launch for Rs. 30,900 according to the Apple India official Website.

Source : Apple iPod touch to be available in India by October end - Tech News - IBNLive

The additional real estate is good but for 24K INR, i would personally buy a used iPhone 4/ 4S, you get iPod touch functionality + phone functionality.

The additional real estate is good but for 24K INR, i would personally buy a used iPhone 4/ 4S, you get iPod touch functionality + phone functionality.

Both iPhone 4 and 4S doesnt come with 4inch display.. Only the iPhone 5 and the new iPod touch come with the bigger screen! Am just stating the facts :)

Both iPhone 4 and 4S doesnt come with 4inch display.. Only the iPhone 5 and the new iPod touch come with the bigger screen! Am just stating the facts :)

That's the reason i explicitly mentioned "additional real estate". This iPod might be good but just that if i had a choice, i would have chosen function over form.

The ipod is laughably overpriced.16 to 18 k is what would be a decent price for a media consuming device.At this price,why not add some more moolah and take a ipad 2 or a iphone 4s?
On another note,i believe this would actually help the sales of the ipod nano.

The new iPod Touch will come in a brand new thing design and now the back is covered in Aluminium for the first time. And it is now coming in five new colours. It is the slimmest iPod touch ever, measuring in at just 6 mm, and it is also very light at 88 mm.

Aman just correct this please. Cheerio!

^^Plus Tax but still 24K is high. This should not be surprising as Apple products are always marketed as premium here in India.

Official Apple prices have always been way higher. I am sure the grey market prices will still be dollar equivalent + 1.5k more.

^^As per some of the other threads, 50k is going to be the official price for the iPhone 5 16GB model. Grey market is happily selling it for 55~60k for the 16GB model. Nothing to say that it can't be more.

Back