Apple launches $199 16GB iPod touch with rear camera in 6 colors, slashes prices

Fenix

Radhey Krishan
Skilled
ipodtouch3264-product-20130910

Apple's entry-level 16-gigabyte iPod touch received an update on Thursday, dropping the price to $199 while adding a rear iSight camera and expanding its color options to six. Apple also slashed prices on the 32- and 64-gigabyte variants, now priced respectively at $249 and $299.

9711-1608-Screen-Shot-2014-06-26-at-80324-AM-l.png

Previously, the 16-gigabyte iPod touch was priced at $229, it only came in space grey, and it lacked a rear camera. It also lacked support the iPod touch loop wrist strap. Customers will still have to buy the strap separately for $9 with the 16-gigabyte model, however.

Prior to Wednesday's refresh, the 32-gigabyte iPod touch was priced at $299, while the 64-gigabyte version reached $399.

Aside from the addition of the 5-megapixel rear camera to the 16-gigabyte variant, the specifications on the media players remains the same. All three include a 4-inch Retina display, a forward facing FaceTime HD camera, and are powered by Apple's A5 processor. They also run iOS 7 and ship with Apple's EarPods.

SOURCE : http://appleinsider.com/articles/14...n-6-colors-slashes-prices-on-32gb-64gb-models

I do not think that going to happen. Apple have already refreshed series and price cut is in place. New gen may be in early summer next year - March/April or so.

I still feel that I would take the Classic ipod with a muc hhigher capacity than any ipod touch. I store everything in flac and need that space.
@raksrules I agree with you ... with the iphone out and available in almost the same capacity, I find it a joke to continue with the ipod touch line.

Back