iOS Apple Watch Shutting down with 90% battery left

raksrules

Elite
I have apple watch series 3 GPS 42mm. Since sometime I am having issues with it that the watch will shutdown even with 90% battery left. It is out of warranty. I have tried unpair and repair, setup as new but nothing helps.
Anyone has any clue?

Update on this.

So after getting fed up with this issue, I decided to cut my losses and sell the watch for 7K on cashify and put watch in its turned off state in drawer. I obviously didn't mention battery was problem as with that, they were giving 1K only. Flipkart came up with a deal where I could have the series 3 for 18900 - 1000 prepaid discount - 1500 ICICI Bank discount = 16400 Rupees and I decided to buy that the next morning. But when I woke up, I see the 1000 discount has been removed so now cost was 17400. So I decided to not go ahead.

Cashify was going to come that / next day (don't recollect). so I decided to make sure watch was fully charged. I put it on cradle thinking I will see 90% battery as usual as thats where it always shuts off. To my surprise, battery showed me 12%. I keep it on charger for next 1 Hr and although slowly, battery percentage started creeping up. It took like 2-3 hours to reach 100% and then drain levels were pretty much within my expectations (and also considering watch is 3.5 years old). I immediately cancelled cashify pickup and now I am back to using my apple watch.

Yesterday I took it off the charger at 9 AM at 100% and at night 10 PM, battery was around 52% which is pretty great.

Back