Application of Mathematics in Electronics & Communication

ev1lb0ygen1us

Adept
Hi guys. I have been asked to submit an assignment on application of Mathematics in Electronics & Communication. All 72 students from my class are to produce different application topics. If two or more students submit same application topic, their assignments will be rejected. So folks help me find a good application. The assignment length should not be more than 4 pages. Need to submit on Friday. All sane & insane suggestions are welcomed:bleh:

MATLAB does not represent an "application of math in electronics". Its an application for doing math and simulations that people in electronics field use as a tool for areas were application of math is required. MATLAB is used in a variety of engg fields including Mech and Comp.Sc as a tool for doing math.

being a mechanical engineer cant suggest much........ but once one of my prof was talking about how mobile phone picks tower and transfers to another tower when the person is moving and talking at the same time......... he was mentioning some maths logic behind it which interested me.....

i tried to search on internet but couldn't find what my prof mentioned but found few other things.... they might interest you..... the process is called Cellular handover in mobile phone
Some sources :-

1. Google books - Networking 2004: networking technologies, services, and protocols ...
By Nikolas Mitrou

2. wiki link

see if u can find something useful from it for your assignment........

Do something on fourier series, its widely applied in DSP i think. I am also a mech engineer, but I know for a fact that fourier series/transforms are of great importance for electronics.

Simple googling gave me this The Fourier Series

The good thing about this is that its core mathematics applied in core electronics.

kris_one said:
Do something on fourier series, its widely applied in DSP i think. I am also a mech engineer, but I know for a fact that fourier series/transforms are of great importance for electronics.

Simple googling gave me this The Fourier Series

The good thing about this is that its core mathematics applied in core electronics.
my friends used to call that as Degree Stopping Paper DSP ;) and fourier transforms in DSP is popular I guess everyone will do that find something different man. sorry to be of zero help I'm a mechanical engineer :p may be you can scourge numerical methods for something.

_

Back