Applied for Flipkart Axis CC - Can't even activate my card

gourav

Skilled
Applied for Axis Bank CC last week. Application process went smoothly, got my card delivered today.

On the welcome kit, it said to activate my card I need to login to internet banking. I went to their internet banking website and went to the first time customer registration. It asked my mobile number, last 4 digits of my credit card number, then sent OTP. At some point it displayed some information on the screen (as they are mostly useless) which I didn't pay much attention to and clicked on next. When the registration was done, I tried logging in. But it asked for my customer id.

At this point I remembered that the information displayed on screen was my customer id. I didn't think much of it because customer id would be mentioned on the welcome letter anyway. Nope, it wasn't. I thought, fine, it will be there in my email. Again, it wasn't. I thought there will be an option to retrieve customer id on the login page. There wasn't.

I was starting to get frustrated. So I read the letter and it said send sms CUSTID XXXX (last 4 digit of card number) to some number. I tried, it didn't get delivered. I tried calling their phone banking number, it gets disconnected immediately. I started a chat session on their website. After about 20 minutes of entirely unhelpful responses, they finally told me that I need main balance to send the SMS since it is chargeable.

I recharged for Rs. 10, sent the SMS, it cost Rs. 3 for one SMS! I never received any response for that SMS. I contacted customer support again over chat. They said call the number. I tried, now with main balance. Call still doesn't go through. They said you'll need to visit bank branch.

This is the state of one of the top private banks in India.

tl; dr
Got credit card delivered, but they have not mentioned customer id anywhere. Their SMS and phone numbers don't work (even though I got charged for them), and their chat support is entirely unhelpful. customer id is needed to login and activate my card. So my card is completely useless without it.

I remember I had to visit the local branch to activate this same Credit Card about two years ago. I, too, went through a frustrating experience as their instructions to activate the Card via ATM did not work for me even after multiple tries. Why can't they simplify the process like most other credit card providers, God only knows. Just go to the local branch if everything fails. They will sort it out after wasting an hour or a half of your day.

Is it a normal mobile number or a 7 digit number?
7 digit number
as per the link here,

have you tried,
CUSTIDCC<last 4 digits of credit card no.>CUSTIDCC 9075Gives you customer ID linked to your credit card (Standalone Cards customers).
Sent this SMS, no response
I remember I had to visit the local branch to activate this same Credit Card about two years ago. I, too, went through a frustrating experience as their instructions to activate the Card via ATM did not work for me even after multiple tries. Why can't they simplify the process like most other credit card providers, God only knows. Just go to the local branch if everything fails. They will sort it out after wasting an hour or a half of your day.
Yeah, will probably have to do that. Thankfully Axis bank branch is pretty close. Will still have to waste 30-40 minutes though.

Applied for Axis Bank CC last week. Application process went smoothly, got my card delivered today.

On the welcome kit, it said to activate my card I need to login to internet banking. I went to their internet banking website and went to the first time customer registration. It asked my mobile number, last 4 digits of my credit card number, then sent OTP. At some point it displayed some information on the screen (as they are mostly useless) which I didn't pay much attention to and clicked on next. When the registration was done, I tried logging in. But it asked for my customer id.

At this point I remembered that the information displayed on screen was my customer id. I didn't think much of it because customer id would be mentioned on the welcome letter anyway. Nope, it wasn't. I thought, fine, it will be there in my email. Again, it wasn't. I thought there will be an option to retrieve customer id on the login page. There wasn't.

I was starting to get frustrated. So I read the letter and it said send sms CUSTID XXXX (last 4 digit of card number) to some number. I tried, it didn't get delivered. I tried calling their phone banking number, it gets disconnected immediately. I started a chat session on their website. After about 20 minutes of entirely unhelpful responses, they finally told me that I need main balance to send the SMS since it is chargeable.

I recharged for Rs. 10, sent the SMS, it cost Rs. 3 for one SMS! I never received any response for that SMS. I contacted customer support again over chat. They said call the number. I tried, now with main balance. Call still doesn't go through. They said you'll need to visit bank branch.

This is the state of one of the top private banks in India.

tl; dr
Got credit card delivered, but they have not mentioned customer id anywhere. Their SMS and phone numbers don't work (even though I got charged for them), and their chat support is entirely unhelpful. customer id is needed to login and activate my card. So my card is completely useless without it.
I never received the Flipkart card I applied for over a year ago, not even a response. I did get the Ace card later. Their systems are archaic because in case of my activation, I was able to do it over call but it did not reflect on the app or website for over a day.

Even now, the system recognizes my number for the SMS codes but their chat system always states that there is no registered user with the same number. Their IT system is plain rubbish, so can't do much about that.

Customer ID is only issues with salary/savings a/c for any bank.
If you had an existing axis a/c there shouldn't have been any pain (I activated my card through their app)

Try installing app and if it helps your login using your card details.

If not then best bet is to contact CC mentioned on the card or the kit.
I never received the Flipkart card I applied for over a year ago, not even a response. I did get the Ace card later. Their systems are archaic because in case of my activation, I was able to do it over call but it did not reflect on the app or website for over a day.

Even now, the system recognizes my number for the SMS codes but their chat system always states that there is no registered user with the same number. Their IT system is plain rubbish, so can't do much about that.
You can still avail the card by visiting nearest axis bank except that the card now comes with an annual fee of 500 bucks where earlier it was LTF!

You need customer Id for Internet Banking and that is hit and miss with CC only account with Axis Bank.

You can still activate it by calling Axis Bank Customer Care and to access your card online you can use Axis Bank Mobile APP. The mobile app will not ask customer id.

For hdfc and yes bank I only held their credit cards and still was able to register for net banking without any issues.

Customer ID is only issues with salary/savings a/c for any bank.
If you had an existing axis a/c there shouldn't have been any pain (I activated my card through their app)

Try installing app and if it helps your login using your card details.

If not then best bet is to contact CC mentioned on the card or the kit.

You can still avail the card by visiting nearest axis bank except that the card now comes with an annual fee of 500 bucks where earlier it was LTF!
Yeah, given up on it. Only benefit is the additional 3% cashback on Flipkart compared to ACE and I don't even use Flipkart that often, apart from the Diwali sales. I applied for it once before ACE and it was amusing that when I asked customer care about the status, they couldn't find the application ID in the system, the one which was provided to me when the application was created with full KYC. So, their IT systems are definitely ridiculous.

Applied a couple of times more on FK when it was LTF. They probably have something against providing the card to me now as an existing ACE cardholder, as the Flipkart card is not listed when I visit their site after logging in.

Yeah, given up on it. Only benefit is the additional 3% cashback on Flipkart compared to ACE and I don't even use Flipkart that often, apart from the Diwali sales. I applied for it once before ACE and it was amusing that when I asked customer care about the status, they couldn't find the application ID in the system, the one which was provided to me when the application was created with full KYC. So, their IT systems are definitely ridiculous.

Applied a couple of times more on FK when it was LTF. They probably have something against providing the card to me now as an existing ACE cardholder, as the Flipkart card is not listed when I visit their site after logging in.
I'm using the card like anything and will say its crap except for if you shopping on flopkart. Else its just 1.4% cb on any other transaction.
Nor I used flopkart nor the cb helps me.

I prefer amazon cc any day, at least the cb adds up automatically as amazon cash balance.

To conclude, nothing fancy or useful thing about this card. Better opt for other brand cards or better cards.

I'm using the card like anything and will say its crap except for if you shopping on flopkart. Else its just 1.4% cb on any other transaction.
Nor I used flopkart nor the cb helps me.

I prefer amazon cc any day, at least the cb adds up automatically as amazon cash balance.

To conclude, nothing fancy or useful thing about this card. Better opt for other brand cards or better cards.

But 1.5% CB is higher than the 1% that Amazon gives and the CB on Axis comes directly as CB reducing the payable amount.

Not saying that it makes it better than the Amazon card but yeah the CB is higher.

But 1.5% CB is higher than the 1% that Amazon gives and the CB on Axis comes directly as CB reducing the payable amount.

Not saying that it makes it better than the Amazon card but yeah the CB is higher.
Higher but negligible. Like I spent 30k in May and just got cb of some 180bucks. Imagine what 1.5 they are giving, when I manually verified the actual cb was under 0.5 to 1.4%
Chorbaazi. Just like flopkart their cards and services are chor.

The Axis Ace card has 2% cashback to statement for every transaction and 5% for bill payments for Google Pay. If you are looking for cashback alone, then it is the best card by far.

Back