Budget 0-20k APU or CPU+GPU

I intend to game and do programming on my pc so I am thinking I should go for an APU or CPU GPU combo also suggest which processor and GPU to buy with best Mobo and ram
Budget for processor is 12000
GPU I have is zotac 730

Tell the games u will be playing and the settings and what fps/settings u wish to play on Also tell if u wish to upgrade your upcoming build in future like in how many years and just to clarify 12k is for cpu only or cpu+Mobo+ram

sell zotac 730 and get ryzen 4350g fits perfectly in your budget
I'm afraid I don't concur , I'd recommend selling gt730 and buying r5 3400g or 3300g IF in case u plan for apu, 3400g is better than any ryzen 4 Pro series apu at least for gaming

Tell the games u will be playing and the settings and what fps/settings u wish to play on Also tell if u wish to upgrade your upcoming build in future like in how many years and just to clarify 12k is for cpu only or cpu+Mobo+ram

I'm afraid I don't concur , I'd recommend selling gt730 and buying r5 3400g or 3300g IF in case u plan for apu, 3400g is better than any ryzen 4 Pro series apu at least for gaming
how do you rate 3400g vs 4350g in cpu performance & power consumption

Current best vfm: 10100f or 10400f + 410 motherboard, add gpu as per your budget later and use existing for now.
Yes this is a good build , better than apu especially 10100f at 8k is just a steal and it can even handle a rtx 2060s
But considering the fact that this guy has been playing on gt730 I PRESUME he is playing indie or simple games , so apu wud be cheaper and enough don't u think ? Also I wudnt really want to spend 5k on a h410 Mobo( no cheap alternative) when I can get a better apu(better than gt730)

how do you rate 3400g vs 4350g in cpu performance & power consumption
U are comparing them on wrong parameters my friend , both are 65watt proccy they(full pc) draw max 130 watt from wall(4350 drawing marginally less cuz it's 7nm) and eben the cpu performance(both 4c/8t) is around 5-10 percent ballpark
They are only marginally different on basis of cpu and power , it's like comparing 5 rs to 7 rs BUT when u talk bout igpu it's 750 shader cores vs 380
That's where 3400g beats 4350g significantly , look for urself for fps in games vega 11 is just better

U are comparing them on wrong parameters my friend , both are 65watt proccy they(full pc) draw max 130 watt from wall(4350 drawing marginally less cuz it's 7nm) and eben the cpu performance(both 4c/8t) is around 5-10 percent ballpark
They are only marginally different on basis of cpu and power , it's like comparing 5 rs to 7 rs BUT when u talk bout igpu it's 750 shader cores vs 380
That's where 3400g beats 4350g significantly , look for urself for fps in games vega 11 is just better
true my bad , i missed the vega 6 vs vega 8 factor ,i just went for higher IPC and a pair of good rams t with lower TDP

It's important to understand that APU's are made for basic tasks and very light gaming only and while you can always use a discrete graphics card with APU's that's not what APU's are for.
APU's are for people who just want to stick to the IGP the APU offers. I used to have an APU myself. I had one of the first Llano APU's. In your case your budget alone already justifies APU.
Of course if you don't mind used components then you may get a better processor and discrete graphics cards. I see graphics cards like the RX 570 being sold for 5k-6k. You can always go for a lower model according to your budget.

It's important to understand that APU's are made for basic tasks and very light gaming only and while you can always use a discrete graphics card with APU's that's not what APU's are for.
APU's are for people who just want to stick to the IGP the APU offers. I used to have an APU myself. I had one of the first Llano APU's. In your case your budget alone already justifies APU.
Of course if you don't mind used components then you may get a better processor and discrete graphics cards. I see graphics cards like the RX 570 being sold for 5k-6k. You can always go for a lower model according to your budget.
That isn't the case anymore. APUs have come a long way from where it was back in the earlier days of AMD (before Ryzen).

Nowadays, APUs such as the 3400G can run intensive titles such as Shadow of the Tombraider at over 40 FPS in 720P. In low to medium settings, in DX12.

DX11 frame rates will be a lot higher.

Yes this is a good build , better than apu especially 10100f at 8k is just a steal and it can even handle a rtx 2060s
But considering the fact that this guy has been playing on gt730 I PRESUME he is playing indie or simple games , so apu wud be cheaper and enough don't u think ? Also I wudnt really want to spend 5k on a h410 Mobo( no cheap alternative) when I can get a better apu(better than gt730)

APUs are good for second builds :D , I suggested based on his use case.

His target APU 3400g would require 3200mhz dual sticks for the numbers in the reviews.

alternative: 10100f + 410 + RX 570 second hand would be a greater PC in all cases and affordable too and one can do away with single stick RAM.

Nowadays, APUs such as the 3400G can run intensive titles such as Shadow of the Tombraider at over 40 FPS in 720P. In low to medium settings, in DX12.
That's a poor argument point to make. The standard is 1080p not 720p. Your point has become user-specific now.

APU could be cheaper, but you will need to pair it with good 3000Mhz+ RAM, so put more money in RAM (usually Crucial Ballistix or Corsair Veng). Down the road you will specifically have to find buyers interested in APUs.

CPU + GPU will be modular. Probably more expensive overall not even considering GPU crisis. You could go with just 3000Mhz RAM. You will have to do some research on prices and it could take some time. Write stuff down. Down the road this will be easier to sell off I guess.

16GB RAM sticks and above will typically be dual rank so better performance than single rank. But single rank is also good enough for most tasks.

OP, if you buy GOOD GPU then you must requires to buy good PSU that will support your selected GPU.

For APU still you need good PSU but not that much HIGH RATED that you may need to buy if you go wtih (CPU + GOOD GPU) Combination.

Do not use Entry level GPU as it only suffice for display and nothing else.

So as per me if you use Discreet CPU + GPU combination, you must need to invest more amount for GOOD GPU + RAM and yes Higher End Motherboard for GPU

HTH

Back