CPU/Mobo Arctic MX-4 or Arctic Silver 5

Orija

Adept
A friend of mine is in currently in the States, and it seems like a good idea to have him get stuff that is sorta rare back home. I have a Inel i5 2500k cpu running with a crappy 20 rupee paste.

Arctic MX-4 and Arctic Silver 5 are the two choices I have settled down on. Could anyone tell me which one to get between these two?

Also, will my pal be able to bring it through customs, the thermal compound being a liquid and all?

and if possible, get ArctiClean 1 and 2 as well. these two solutions clean and prepare the surface before applying thermal paste.

Those are totally not needed. A small amount of isopropyl alcohol borrowed from local mobile repair shop is enough. That's the way I did it. DO NOT USE nail-polish remover!

^^ next time you should try using ArtiClean "after" using IPA or your preferred solution. no matter what i use to clean the processor, ArtiClean removes some more gunk afterwards. and i checked using high-res camera and found that ArtiClean indeed cleans "some more".

Arctic Silver 5 is electrically conductive, You need to keep that in mind, if it bleeds oer the edges of cpu, it could cause short circuit/kill th cpu. Its also a bit thicker than mx-4.
Mx-4 is easier to apply, electrically non-conductive.

Mx-4 is easier to apply, electrically non-conductive.
Hmm, well, trying to get my friend to buy it off Amazon didn't work so well, by the time I reached him, he was in another city.
Where can I buy a thermal paste in India from? There is the Arctice Ceramique on ebay for 750/- and the Arctic Silver 5 on primeabgb for 600/- Is primeabgb trustworthy, I live in Chandigarh, or should I buy the Ceramique off ebay?

Back