Arctic Silver 5 : Needed urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandissa

Disciple
Building a new rig with 3700+ bought from funky.
Need some nice and cool AS5 to keep the procy ship-shape.:eek:hyeah:

Dont know of any vendor selling it in apna Kolkata. Or anybody in ebay, for that matter.

If any of you guys can offer a tube for sale, I would be ecstatic:hap2:

PM me.

Cheers.

Kandissa

i had picked up a tube from dj a little while ago used it once virtually nothing.....how much would u like to buy it for?

i am know i ll be completely OT but i just wanna know how do u clean the processor and heatsink of the old thermal paste before applying AS5 ?? Need detailed instructions bout which chemical is to be used and how do u do it safely.

*FREE BUMP FOR U KANDISA*

PM eazy about that .... he posted it sometimes back ..... and he knows it well :)

EDIT:- if u get reply forward it to me :D

First wipe off the old paste, then use Iso Propyl Achocol to clean it thoroughly. You'll get IPA at local electronics store. Its also called PCB cleaner.

@Mohit - Just follow the link provided by friedclyde - that is the one to read...

@hunt3r - I have used the original GOOP provided by Intel and then I have tried AS2 AS3 and now AS5 ... how much difference in CPU temps.... Nothing Much !! MAX difference between original Intel GOOP and AS5 is 2 - 3 C and I have never seen what is reffered to as the lowering of temps after the curing period of AS. I am as meticulous as is possible with the application of AS and I dont see that much of difference - 3 C is not much of a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
People choose AS5 over regular thermal compounds simply because it lasts longer in addition to cooling better. I've been able to drop my prescott load temps down 12 degrees with AS5 and stock air cooling.

The thing is, if your processor is already running at a low temperature (AMD's in particular), you'd see a minor improvement over regular compound... then again, a few degrees matter to some :)

RiO said:
The thing is, if your processor is already running at a low temperature (AMD's in particular), you'd see a minor improvement over regular compound... then again, a few degrees matter to some :)

I should have added this to my above post..... I run a Intel 2.4C Nothwood with a Zalman 7000cu HSF and the CPU runs pretty cool - It is always at max 2 C over room temperature. So I suppose I can get away with any GOOP and not feel the HEAT from the CPU :)

Right now my CPU temp is 31 C.

hunt3r, yes I have AS5.

eazy, you haven't seen heat until you've used a prescott lol... during games my load temp used to reach 72º (76º in FEAR). The AS5 helps keep my load temp at 60º now.

RiO said:
you haven't seen heat until you've used a prescott lol... during games my load temp used to reach 72º (76º in FEAR). The AS5 helps keep my load temp at 60º now.

I suppose AS5 shows its mettle when the heat is on :) My CPU temp never goes over 44 C - I dont play games or run Benchies. The only time my CPU flexes its muscles is when I do a system backup and then it touches 100% CPU usage - during PEAK summer the temp then touches 44 C for the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back