Audio Are there any AMPs with wireless connectivity?

Mr.J

Skilled
As in they can connect to headphones wirelessly?

I'm looking for an AMP that connects to source (in my case, a PC) via cable but then wireless earphones/headphones can connect to it over bluetooth?
Or do I have to use some Chinese bluetooth adapter from Amazon if I want to connect wireless earphones to PC?

If you can wait. Most probably Fiio India will arrange a fresh stock & this thing is a bit costly but far better than those chinese dongles.

What you need is not an amp. You need a Bluetooth transmitter.

If your source is a pc, why not just buy a Bluetooth adapter for it? You are just taking an unnecessarily long path by converting it to analog and then back to digital. Is this a work machine or something where you can't install bluetooth?

If your source is a pc, why not just buy a Bluetooth adapter for it? You are just taking an unnecessarily long path by converting it to analog and then back to digital. Is this a work machine or something where you can't install bluetooth?
Nothing of that sort man, I just don't like those flimsy, cheap USB bluetooth adapters that's all.

Nothing of that sort man, I just don't like those flimsy, cheap USB bluetooth adapters that's all.
Audio quality wise, any cheapo bt 4.0 or above dongle is going to give you vastly superior audio quality to even the world's best dac hooked up to the World's best bt transmitter.

yes, a bluetooth transmitter is required.
There's no conversion to analog then back to digital.
Devices like Fiio BTA30 can be plugged in USB port, Once configured in DAC mode, digital signal is converted to analog by device itself and then transmitted over bluetooth to earphones etc.

Audio quality wise, any cheapo bt 4.0 or above dongle is going to give you vastly superior audio quality to even the world's best dac hooked up to the World's best bt transmitter.
Undoubtedly a cheapo bt 4 device may sound good and serve the purpose but you get what you pay for.
Costly devices looks premium and are feature rich supporting all those codecs like aptx, aptx-HD, LDAC etc.
A 300rs dongle can't be compared with devices like, Fiio M5, Fiio BTA30 or some similar devices from Shanling and other brands.

Pcie/m.2 solution as suggested by titokhan is also better than cheap dongles, though it will only provide basic BT connectivity and can't use LDAC etc.
but at the same time it can be used to connect other BT device also like some BT keyboards, controllers etc.
BT on windows supports APTX only, so if you want something like APTX-HD or LDAC a good transmitter is required.

Just curious. What headphones do you want to use this transmitter with
I've been eyeing Sony WF-1000XM3 but wanted to check if I can use them with my PC as well. Till date I have not owned or properly used any wireless headphones or earphones so wanted to check if I could get my money's worth. :watching:

Asus B550. It's from 2020 so connectivity is not a problem. Looks like there are PCIE Bluetooth adapters available on both Amazon and Flipkart.

There are numerous B550 motherboards manufactured by ASUS, hence the exact model number is necessary to determine the port selection. For example, you could have easily opt for an adapter like this one along with a Wi-Fi 6/Bluetooth 5.x M.2 card and save a PCIe slot if you have a spare M.2 2280 slot.

However, if audio fidelity is your primary concern (and not other Bluetooth and/or WLAN services), then choose products like the Fiio BTA30 transceiver/DAC as suggested by @Nitendra Singh.

There are numerous B550 motherboards manufactured by ASUS, hence the exact model number is necessary to determine the port selection. For example, you could have easily opt for an adapter like this one along with a Wi-Fi 6/Bluetooth 5.x M.2 card and save a PCIe slot if you have a spare M.2 2280 slot.
M.2 slots are already occupied in my system.

Since I don't have plans to buy any other PCIEx1 card, I might buy ASUS PCE-AX3000. Plus, I also have PS4 controller that I've been using via USB only. Might give a shot to wireless gaming too.

Personally I would spend the 7k the bta 30 costs on the headphone instead (and maybe get the xm4 or a better one) and it would be a much better investment than the bta in terms of sound quality improvement per rupees, because at that price point you are more headphone limited than adapter

check the reviews of headphones over forums how does is produce sound over Bluetooth etc , i got those anker soundcore over head ones , they work but music is bad over bluetooth the Bass is pathetic its just tap tap . but than it serves the pupose of teams call . getting the driver installed for it was another story to tell

I was put off by early bt 2.1 and 3.0 headphones but modern ones with aptx and other hq codecs sound pretty good. I'm using a hd58x hooked up to a qudelix 5k and it sounds better than connecting via 3.5mm to my phone or laptop

Back