Are there any free content curation apps besides Feedly and Inoreader that work across all platforms?

abishekh_kc

Recruit
I currently curate content using Feedly and a Twitter list. Previously, I used the Nuzzel app. However, Twitter acquired that app and turned it into Twitter Blue with a subscription. Now I'm here to see if there are any other good alternatives.

I do not know what your use case is, but do these work for you?
I use them to stay up to date on the most recent tech news and changes in the digital marketing industry.

I believe that the two most well-liked and reliable RSS readers with attractive user interfaces are Feedly and Inoreader.

Here, you recommended the other two RSS readers. RSS readers are one of the effective content curators.

Have you heard of Nuzzel, a free content curation tool with the tagline "for busy professionals". They allow us to link Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Twitter Lists to it, and they collect the most popular and shared links from your followers. It helps you stay up to date on industry trends and saves a tonne of time.

The Nuzzel app was acquired by Twitter and discontinued a year ago. Then Twitter changed it to Twitter Blue and introduced a subscription service for the app's top tweets filter.

I have heard of Nuzzel but never really used it. I barely use any RSS readers. I use pocket and Wallabag.

Since I am not on any of these social media platforms (FB, Twitter, Insta, Linkedin) I probably never got into those..

Go with Feedly. It just works and you have integration with pocket as well (though I never used it). I save articles to 'read later' and go through reading later lists to leisurely read the articles.
I'm using the free version of Feedly. I had tried Pocket integration before and it works fine on the desktop. But when it comes to mobile apps they ask for a subscription to use Pocket integration.

Why not just use read later feature in feedly then?
Yeah. I am using that feature. But sometimes I do forget to check. So mostly I share useful articles with Pocket. I've created an applet in IFTTT which sends newly added Pocket articles to my Todoist as a reminder. :)

What is content curation?
How does this work on the go?
You know of the content overload on the internet today. There is a lot of information. By saving time, content curation is the process of selecting the relevant links or content that matters.

Content curators exist because there’s so much content coming online. The average person can’t keep up with everything happening in their niche. It’s too much stuff!

So, content curators collect, organize, and summarise the happenings in their niche, so it’s accessible to the average reader.

Last edited:
You know of the content overload on the internet today. There is a lot of information. By saving time, content curation is the process of selecting the relevant links or content that matters.

Content curators exist because there’s so much content coming online. The average person can’t keep up with everything happening in their niche. It’s too much stuff!

So, content curators collect, organize, and summarise the happenings in their niche, so it’s accessible to the average reader.
Then this curated content again presented to users in various formats? Sounds interesting.

Then this curated content again presented to users in various formats? Sounds interesting.
Yes, you can utilise it to further your own knowledge. Can be utilised to create a community in your niche as well. Through daily, weekly, or monthly newsletters, you can distribute your collected content to others. It's also possible to make a podcast and provide those well-chosen pieces of news in your industry. There are further unexplored possibilities.

See a podcast sample of how they employed curated content: https://play.acast.com/s/dth

Back