OC & Modding are these fanspeeds normal?

Smith

Skilled
hey guys..are these speeds normal?..they even reach 6krpm+ @ 47C while playin CSS :S

fans0ox.jpg

My northbridge Chip fan reaches a max of 5K rpm but at full load.
it idles at 2~2.5Krpm

my AMD cpu stock cooler fan at idle is around 1.6K rpm
max it goes to 4~4.8K rpm when i do some encoding.

Quad Master said:
My northbridge Chip fan reaches a max of 5K rpm but at full load.
it idles at 2~2.5Krpm

my AMD cpu stock cooler fan at idle is around 1.6K rpm
max it goes to 4~4.8K rpm when i do some encoding.
wha?:O..mine never goes below 4k

@Argus- Chill dude!!:)
Your PC probe window is an exact copy of mine, in fact i thought i had hit my PC probe link by mistake!!lol...:rofl:
That must be an A8NE 2.0 but what proccy, psu, etc??
Vcore is higher than stock, so system must be OCed slightly, i think!!:huh:
The cpu fan is extremely noisy at these speeds and i initially cursed my psu!! Sorry , my psu!! LOL...
Thats why i am saving tu buy a XP90, asap!!
If stock speed, you can go to Bios and enable Q-fan controller!!
I tried it and it really quitens the fan by dropping its speed to less than 2.2K or lower. at idle mine dropped to 1400 or 1600 something!!!!:clap:
But i find fan at full speed reassuring, especially if you get carried away while gaming!! So didn't try gaming with Q-fan enabled!!
I dunno if it can be used with an OCed proccy!!:huh:

@Quad- U got a DFI bro!! Check if your Q-fan or something is enabled in BIOS:huh: !! i got similar result with Q-fan enabled!! Else i need a DFI too, asap!!

@Wraith- You mobo temp is higher than cpu?? what mobo has chip fan @8881rpm?? Temps at idle?? OCed??
What cabby and psu??
Voltages look a bit low too!! Correct me people!!

^^^^ yes smith has overclocked his proccy and that A8N-E was mine before. I got the almost the same readings. The stock fan is really noicy, now i am using XP-90 and it rocks and its silent.

Back