Are you on Quora?

max_demon

@maxdemon
Adept
Quora is a community based question answer website like yahoo answers. but it is gaining popularity. The killer feature is the ability to edit title/answers and promote answers. I wonder how many TE members are on Quora?

Almost 40% of its users are Indians as of May 2013

Im in Quora. I just check it out whenever bored. many posts are informative while many are funny..
its helpful in getting knowledge in many fields n its boredom killer too.

Its a cross between Yahoo Answer and Reddit. Personally I prefer Reddit way more but can't deny Quora for having all the desi crowd.

I had joined a long back...but never been active in it.

(btw, I don't really get 'reddit'. All I can see some useless discussion below some news/pic/crap. Am I missing something there?)

thats true for 4chan not reddit
Depends on what type of discussion it is. Only a few percentage of discussions (say 20%) are meaningful on reddit; the AMA discussions are the best; that alone makes it worthwhile. I miss the old Slashdot; read it routinely while growing up. Now that I've grown up, there aren't many discussions going around there; it's still good for geeky discussions though.[DOUBLEPOST=1373043226][/DOUBLEPOST]
(btw, I don't really get 'reddit'. All I can see some useless discussion below some news/pic/crap. Am I missing something there?)

Read the FAQ before generalising.

This thing is really not dead..
I am not able to post a single question, they require utmost awesome language/grammar etc.....
Registered long time back, was searching for washing machines and came across some kiddish answers read... from google thrown to quora..

Quora is ruled by stupids, noobs and idiots. What questions they ask are simply humorous.
It is a media to have some funtime, to get distressed and off your frustrations. Be warned: reading such questions may in fact raise your anger and frustration levels as well.

Quora is ruled by stupids, noobs and idiots. What questions they ask are simply humorous.
It is a media to have some funtime, to get distressed and off your frustrations. Be warned: reading such questions may in fact raise your anger and frustration levels as well.
Assume, one person supports same, but no hatred against the originatiy of site.. But it contains crap in multiple ways.
A search for washing machine, ended me into specific brands only..

Google is ultimate king..
My query on TE ended right place.

Back