CPU/Mobo Asrock b365m-itx/ac RAM beeps

ibose

Skilled
So I was putting together a build back at home in Kol with pair of Corsair Vengeance rams. The board has 2 sockets. If I put either of the rams in the slot closest to the cpu, I get repeated beeps and there is no display. If I put either of them in the other slot, it works fine. I suppose the memory slot has gone kaput. The mbd was bought in Aug last year and I think ASRock gives 1 year warranty. What are my options ? Can I get the memory slot repaired somehow ?

So I was putting together a build back at home in Kol with pair of Corsair Vengeance rams. The board has 2 sockets. If I put either of the rams in the slot closest to the cpu, I get repeated beeps and there is no display. If I put either of them in the other slot, it works fine. I suppose the memory slot has gone kaput. The mbd was bought in Aug last year and I think ASRock gives 1 year warranty. What are my options ? Can I get the memory slot repaired somehow ?
Check your processor contact pins - happened with one of the i7 4770 I had - it used to run repeated beeps when running in dual channel mode but if you run in single channel mode (i.e. use either one of the A/B slots) - it used to post.

For me, I never pass through that as the contact pin on the processor had discolored (& to make things ugly I got that it with the Refurb Branded PC build)

if you have smudgy contact pins, you should be able to clean them with IPA and Ear Buds - by dipping ear buds in IPA and gently cleaning the pin.

Yes you are right. I straightened couple of them but one of the pins appear to be broken. So it cannot post. I guess the only option is to try and see if it works fine with one RAM slot. If it doesn't then I guess then I need to discard it or just salvage / sell for parts.

Back