Monitors Asrock z77 Extreme4 HDMI not working [Urgent Help Please]

raman07

Disciple
Hi, I am upgrading from CRT monitor to Dell U2415 LED. Since i have never work with display ports. I have no idea why my asrock z77 extreme4 mobo HDMI port not working with Dell U2415.

Can you guys please tell me what could be the reason and what should i do now?
HDMI cable work fine with HD TV but not working with my mobo. When i plug HDMI cable to mobo and dell monitor. Its says no signal are coming from mobo.

Hardware specs :
I5 3570k
asrock z77 extreme4 (According to Asrock website this mobo support 1920x1200 60hz over HDMI)
16gb corsair vengeance ram
Dell U2415 1920x1200 60hz (16:10) monitor

After quick google search i found many people complaining about not working of hdmi port of asrock z77 extreme4. some of them have replaced their mobo but found same problem with new mobo so i think there is something else. May be some kind of software/driver issue.

Please help i want to use my new dell monitor :(
Help me to get rid of CRT monitor.[DOUBLEPOST=1470248014][/DOUBLEPOST]anyone?

Last edited:
I do not have dedicated GPU. Do i still need to do any changes in bios setting?

As far as i know my cpu i5 3570k and my mobo asrock z77 extreme4 both have Intel 4000 integrated GPU. So is it possible that my mobo gpu is disabled by my cpu gpu and that's why i am not able to use HDMI port? If yes then how to make changes?

I have found that in bios PCIe was selected as primary gpu but i do not have any graphic card installed so i selected onboard instead of it. I will see it if works now.

If there is anything else i should care then please suggest.
Is it possible that hdmi cable is not capable of running dell u2415 (1920x1200) resolution? Its samsung tv hdmi cable by the way.

Last edited:
Go for amazon basics hdmi 2 cable 6ft cost around 300.. if that works i also purchased u 2515h(qhd) from the dell directly (email id was given by you) and iam using i5 4690k processor integrated graphics intel hd4600 to drive the monitor it is working without any issue..
Solution 1: change the hdmi cable.. If this doesn't work
Solution 2 : test the hdmi input from any laptop that should work with your computer monitor to see if there is not an issue with the monitor hdmi.. If monitor is ok
Solution 3: go to any service center for motherboard related hdmi issue and replace the hdmi out put connector can be done easily

By the way iam using windows 10 so latest software
Thanks for giving dell person id.. I saved 8000rs thanks to you

1. I tried using my friend system which have gtx 780ti by connecting my dell monitor over hdmi and everything works fine. So HDMI cable is not faulty.
2. No issue with monitor hdmi port as i already tested with my friend pc.
3. With google quick search i found many user whom have same mobo as mine also face this HDMI issue. They mentioned that both HDMI and DVI port does not work. Only VGA work. And some of have replaced their board and found same issue with new board so i think this problem is not with board. It might be some other issue. Like driver, bios etc. I have already updated bios and selected onboard gpu as primary in bios but still it does not work.

When i connect my mobo with dell monitor over HDMI. Its say no signal are coming from my computer/mobo. I do not know why and what to do to solve it.

If someone has any idea what to do please tell me.[DOUBLEPOST=1470336577][/DOUBLEPOST] Edited : Okay i just updated my onboard intel hd4000 driver to latest and everything working fine now :)

Last edited:
Back