CPU/Mobo ASUS M3A78-EM or GA-MA78GM-US2H ?

killerz

Disciple
Hii , I want to upgrage my Rig

Currently i have amd 4400+ and M2N MX-SE.

I already bought Phenom II x2 550BE , but confused with motherboard between

ASUS M3A78-EM or GA-MA78GM-US2H , my budget for Mobo is 4.5k . Dont like to have any heatup or bios glitches. shud be Stable.

Also i would like to do mild Cpu over clocking on stock cooler in bios.:D

Ill invest in a cpu cooler later then OC further.

For now ill use Xfx 8600GT 256mb DDR3 with it, but soon will get sapphire HD4770 512 DDR5 Card to make use of hybrid crossfireX.:hap2:

Update:

sapphire HD4770 512 DDR5 does not support Hybrid CrossfireX therefore onboard video chipset useless for me.

Forgot to mention i have a creative sound blaster card , which ill use instead of on board audio.

Both on board video and sound are useless for me.

Please suggest a Mobo between these 2 ;)

Hybrid crossfirex could be used only with something like 3450 card. ATI 4770 cannot be used.
I have got a few friends who have been using gigabyte mobo(I myself used another model S2H) , it's a great mobo and stable. Asus mobo too should be decent, but I have not used it.If asus mobo is similar to M3N78-EM, IMO gigabyte offers better overclocking.
My advice would be to go with either 785g or 790gx mobo , perhaps you can unlock your remaining 2 cores. :). Biostar has got good models, with reasonable prices.

Do not get 780G now.... not for 550BE.... You should get 785G or 790GX & try to unlock ur cpu. These chips have southbridge which can unlock ur other cores.... nevertheless 785G gpu is slightly powerful than 780G anyway...

Biostar would be a good choice... Cheap & functional....

I know guys i should go for should get 785G or 790GX with added advantage of unlocking Cores and better Overcloking. But m really on tight budget cant spend more than 4.5k.

SO i have a choice between only ASUS M3A78-EM or GA-MA78GM-US2H ?

As educated by TE members sapphire HD4770 512 DDR5 does not support Hybrid CrossfireX

from which i came to conclusion that Both onboard video chipset and sound are useless for me.

I like the GA-MA78GM-US2H as it has little more features than ASUS M3A78-EM but after Googling its review i came to know that GA-MA78GM-US2H has chipset heatup issues and unstable bios, BSOD problems,most of those who bought it had to get it Rma.(Chk newegg reviews)

Considering the above two boards please suggest which one should i buy , Keeping in mind:huh:

1.Decent Overclocking from Bios on stock Cooler (Thats what Phenom x2 550BE is for,But not interested to unlock other cores)

2.Stability(Minimal Driver or Bios issues)

3.Onboad Sound will not be used

4.Onboard Video will not be used

Thanks.:)

gigabyte 780g us2h had a temp of 40 when I checked on my friend's system. gigabyte US2H should be able to inform you better. You could get asus, I love expressgate which comes with it :)

mate, m using x2 550 + asus m3N78em mobo. Neither i know about its overclockability nor willing to do that , but in my words it is SIMPLY SUPERB !!!. And that too this mobo is lesser in price too than the M3A78em. :)

Initially i bought m3A78em and the pc was very slow with respect to bootup, application response, etc. :mad:

So returned that and got the M3N78Em mobo and believe me man, i am very happy with this board. :hap2:

I am having xfx 9600gt , 2x2gb ram and this setup works great !!!. Go ahead with this mobo and update the bios . This is an excellent setup and you wont regret :rofl:

Best of luck !!!

i have been using the GA-MA78GM-US2H for quite some time .... very stable and cool board runs less than 40* C even in hot Delhi weather .....

dontk know about the newegg people but lots of people even in TE has this board and its really good ......

BIOS also lots of revisions available so BIOS has been improved and is a best seller from Gigabyte !

The following is my 2 cents...

AFAIK, the only 780G based MB in India that has the 710 SB (required if you want to try unlocking the 3rd and/or 4th core) is the Asus M4A78-EM-1394. This is available for 4.5 - 4.7K and is the updated version of the M4A78-EM which has the 700 SB. Again, AFAIK, the rev 2.0 MBs of Gigabyte with 710 SB are not yet available in India. If you want Crossfire, I think the cheapest board would be the Asus M4A785TD which is available for ~ 7K. But Crossfire will work at 16/4 and not 8/8, which AFAIK is only supported by 790/750 chipset solution.

Sorry to hijack this thread but what's the current price of Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H???

A dealer is offering it me for 4.4K is it a good cos i feel i can get it at an even cheaper rate?

Also will it be able to unlock Phenom II 550 BE?

Are any other gigabyte or asus alternative below that price?

Every product has bad reviews and they have been corrected. I viewed many bad reviews before I owned the M3A78-EM , but now I own it and no problems or issues.

Saddhu said:
even the ASUS M3A78-EM has bad reviews ... infact greater than the Gigabyte nos then why considering this ?????

Customer Reviews Of ASUS M3A78-EM AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Lolz :rofl: you are right.. now m confused again between gigabyte and Asus.:mad:
I wud really love to consider the 785 +710 chipsets, but m bankrupt after spending 4.5k:(

Comeon man u tell me your personal choice between ASUS M3A78-EM or GA-MA78GM-US2H. Dont suggest another Mobo.pls.;)

I would prefer GA-MA78GM-US2H since it has similar specs to Asus and also better build quality and has 4 RAM slots with max.16GB. whereas asus has 8GB limit

But unlocking is only possible on rev 2.0. since it has SB710.

Does anyone know whether its available in Mumbai/India and would be its price.

I would prefer GA-MA78GM-US2H since it has similar specs to Asus and also better build quality and has 4 RAM slots with max.16GB. whereas asus has 8GB limit

Is that an advantage? Is he even going to use 8GB let alone 16 GB. 16 GB is just eye Candy , find something more eye candy.

Back