CPU/Mobo ASUS M3A78-EM or GA-MA78GM-US2H ?

HailStonE said:
^... why didn't u used the eBay coupon...
I tried but,
Discount only on.
* Apparel & Accessories, Books & Magazines, Coins & Notes, Collectibles, Fitness & Sports, Health & Beauty, Home, Decor & Furnishings, Jewellery, Kitchen & Home Appliances, Movies & Music, Musical Instruments, Stamps, Tools & Hardware, Toys, Games & Baby, Watches

HailStonE said:
^... Lolz... you should have waited for a week or two for new coupons... Who buys from eBay without discount coupons...

You could have easily saved ~400-500 bucks...

Or atleast a free gift...

The eBay Diwali Bonus

^^Just dont talk abt it man.:(. It hurts :no: m regretting it. It just all happened in Haste.:mad:

Now ill be happy only when i plug that Black edition into Mobo heart, n Run the Machine.Lolz :eek:hyeah:

Hello guys .. i also want to upgrade ram now currently i have Kingston 2 X 1GB DDR2 667Mhz. Which one should i get now? 800Mhz or 1066? , and which Brand will be the best dont want to spend more than 2k on 800Mhz. Ill buy 2 x 1GB strips. Thinking to buy Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 (2 X 1GB DDR2 800MhZ C5)

Secondly i want to know if u have a 1066 Mhz ram and a if a Mobo supprts max 1066Mhz so after CPU OC ram freq will increase greater than 1066. Wont it be a problem since mobo only supports 1066Mhz.

Created a new thread for this in proper section. http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/suggestion-needed-buying-ram-146889.html

Does Asus M4A78-EM/1394 support core unlocking for Phenom II 550 BE since it has 780G chipset with SB710 southbridge which if i'm not wrong has ACC feature.

this is based on AMD 780G, and the south bridge : SB710

i read earlier of some guys unlocking 550BE with Gigabyte board with SB710 southbridge ... so this should work too

for this board here;s a link showing it works

Phenom II X2 550 turns into a Phenom II X4 B50

" I Have Successfully Unlocked 2 Extra Core Of Phenom II x2 550BE With ASUS M4A78-EM/1394 Motherboard. Now CPUID CPU-Z Show That My Cpu Is "AMD Phenom(tm) II x 4 B50 Processor" With 4 Core 4 Threads Enable. My System Is Stable & Works Fine."

Since the CPU has unlocked multipliers I don't think that it will automatically increase RAM FSB... It must be independent of cpu clock...

I'm gonna buy Asus M4A78-EM/1394 but just now i have discovered the Asus site showing that the back panel I/O has only .1 x PS/2 Mouse / Keyboard.

I have normal keyboard and mouse(non usb).

Will i be able to connect both KB and mouse??

If only one which one will be it KB or Mouse????

^ you can connect both.. that PS/2 socket is compatible with both Keyboard & Mouse plug, but only one can be used at a time... Newer mobo's ar coming with only one of PS/2 ports which is compatible with both peripherals...

So what you need is a USB to dual PS/2 converter which sells for ~25 bucks locally.. Use it in one of the USB slots & then you can connect both keyboard & mouse to this converter....

Back