Asus made a crypto-mining motherboard that supports up to 20 GPUs

mk76

Adept
Source - Link

Asus announced the H370 Mining Master motherboard today, which is specifically designed for cryptocurrency mining. It supports up to 20 graphics cards — yes, 20 — along with streamlined connectivity by allowing USB riser cables to plug directly into the PCB over PCIe.

Asus’ approach here is going to make maintenance easier, ensure fewer PCIe disconnects, and more accurate diagnostics. This is a better format than just plugging in graphics cards to the motherboard via PCIe, like you would in a gaming desktop, the company says.

I would not say its entirely obsolete, but for the most part, yes. I was in LR the other day, and someone picked up 6 Radeon 570 and the equivalent boards and stuff for a mining rig.

Talk about arriving late on the scene! The iron was hot 3 years ago, now most people have moved on from the crypto bit (for now...). Mining seems so archaic, and not to mention environmentally wasteful - justifying this purchase in 2020 is a hard sell for most (even if you want the MB for it's superior GPU capabilities).

I guess ASUS is in on something, which a lot of my ex-CC friends have been telling me - that Crypto is making a comeback soon. While this may be quite likely, given that a lot of folks are keen on its return; the mining aspect of it should really be reconsidered as an option, simply because it is just not a good practice to indulge in.
~Engineer.AI

I just read an article today saying even ASIC miners were not profitable any more. Plus some companies are putting millions to get at those last available bitcoins in mining farms. Any person trying to mine bitcoins this time would be similar to going to an abandoned gold mine with an axe after all the goodies have been taken out by the teams that came first with their mining equipment.

Mining is agreeably just not feasible enough now - I however would like blockchain crypto to make a comeback soon. The idea was novel, and stood at the benchmark of the entire operation.
~engineer.

Back