CPU/Mobo Asus P8H67-M LE vs. Intel DH67CL

subrotobasu

Disciple
Hi everybody,
My requirement for the new PC is just about moderate gaming. The components which I have decided till now are:
Intel Corei3-2100
G.skill Ripjaws 4GB 1600 Mhz CL9
Corsair 450vx PSU
Seagate ST3500418AS 500GB HDD
Sapphire ATI HD 6850
Dell ST2220l Monitor

What is confusing me the most is the choice of the motherboard between Asus P8H67-M LE and Intel DH67CL. Both mobos costs 6.5K. For me, the main difference is that the Asus one has only two memory slots and 2 PCI slots whereas the Intel one has four memory slots and 3 PCI slots. I might do without the two extra memory slots but I need the 3 PCI slots for my existing WiFi, Tv Tuner & Sound Card.
So which mobo among the two would be better to go with. As the motherboards are cheaper and belong to the entry segment, I didn't find any reviews of them on net. My deciding parameters would be durability and lesser operating temperatures of the motherboard. If its Asus then I would plan to use a usb Wifi to compensate for the third PCI slot in Intel.
I would have gone for the Gigabyte but right now I don't have their pricelist.
Some minor changes and recommendations are also welcome. :)

Thanks.

as you said that you need 3 PCI slots, I don't think you have much of a choice here. Go with Intel board. They are known for their stability.

Thanks desiibond & DarkAngel for your quick replies.
I would definitely go for Intel but some people say that Asus uses better quality parts compared to Intel and therefore runs more cooler & has more life. Is it really so? I don't have an Air Conditioner at home.
I was actually building a corei3 540 system but thought that it would be wiser to go with SB by spending 3K more on CPU+Mobo. Its just a temporary solution to satsify my needs until ivybridge comes out next year.

EDIT: DarkAngel, in the below post you have quoted the ram's price. May I know from where did you get that price?
http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buyin...esktop-laptop-50-60-a-188142.html#post1776417

Back