Laptops Asus S56CA - XX056H ultrabook making noise when keys are pressed. Need few insights.

urvan

Recruit
Hi all,

I bought a Asus S56CA - XX056H ultrabook today. I am fairly satisfied with external build quality and performance is also ok. When I started installing few programs and updates I noticed a mild whirring sound on left side of the laptop exactly where the air vent is located. I noticed that it's a sound coming from fan. I gently squeezed the side and noticed the sound got louder. Ok. Now the annoying part starts. When I press any key on that side viz. 'tab, caps, a, q, s, w, 1, 2, z,etc. of the keyboard it makes a whirring sound like it's touching the fan. And if I press it a bit harder it becomes louder. And this is a cause of my concern. I also noticed that when fan is not blowing air out / is off this doesn't occur. I tried to research more about this on internet but wasn't really able to get anything like this.
I will try to get a replacement tomorrow.

Just I wanted to ask the community and gather few insights on whether this a normal occurrence with ultra-books or with Asus models (maybe design fault with this specific model)? Or Is this an isolated case and there is a problem with fan? Just wanted to have some info. handy while getting replacements..

Satya

Probably flex in the keyboard and fan placement issue. Most non-metal body ultrabooks will have some flex, but then they shouldnt be touching any moving parts :D

Back