User Review Asus Vivobook X513EA

Config. = i5 11th gen, 250gb SSD, 1tb hdd(930gb usable),15" full hd screen 8GB soldered RAM 1 other slot empty. (Cobalt Blue Color, White cost more 3k)
Price = 60k.

Purpose = Web development, Photoshop etc..
why = only sensible config found in this price range. and supports upgradation like RAM, SSD etc.
Why asus = got motherboard from it that is going strong. couple of other devices too it. recently launches service center in my city so thats nice.
Dell =everything with i5 and ssd goes over 70k.
Acer - Every new model is 14" we specifically needed as big screen as possible.
Lenovo = their thinkpad series is great but not in my price. anything below is hard to get in one config or in small screen space.
HP = i just dont trust them.

Features i Like :
1. Keyboard = just a simple chiklet mechanism one but smooth to type; Have a Backlight with 3 adjustible settings, Caps and Tab have light in them when active, but not in Numkey.
2. Speakers = Harman Cardon decent for occasional Movie watching, Youtube.
3. weight = light, feels like 14" notebook.
4. Trackpad = accurate but more to the left side. have to use external mouse.
5. Battery life = just 4hrs under work. 2times charging needed through out a day if you work continously. but charing is fast 65W charges in hr to 80%.
6. Display = Its an 8 bit, 250 nits, 45% NTSC. viewing angle is wide but i find its just an figure you miss colors entirely if you get outside 60 degrees.
7. Temperature = not experianced much as of yet even while charing and working simultaneously.

Things i dont Like so much:
1. No Graphics Card. its Corona world everything Expensive, they can get away without offering one.
2. Display just bare enough. colors feels not accurate..
3. limited Ports . only 1 USB3.2 and others are USB2. you have to reserve that port to data transfers.
4. webcam is 720 but feels low quality, very grainy. but gets work done. not pysical flap to cover camera. notification light is there tough.

observations:
1. HDD makes clink sound when you access it, i think its way of saving power mechanism in laptop.
2. keyboard is new so its smooth, i dont know about future.. i have built my pc so laptop keys felt very fragile to me. have to adjust i guess.

Extra.:
funky stickers, you can personalise laptop.
comes with mcafee which i just uninstalled after registering on site.
myAsus which takes care of drivers, system issues etc i kept it in any case. Offers Premium Care package through app but not sure offers indian support. i chose Asus Promo.
plathora of apps that you not need but its win10 so..
It comes with 1 yr Basic warranty. i also paid for Asus promo offer of 1 yr Extra Warranty fo 99rs but still got no confirmation.

this is my first laptop so some things in this review may seem obvious but those are new to me. cheers. :)

Wow, looks like you're happy with your new laptop. I've never had an Asus laptop, but I have friends who've been using Asus laptops for the last 3-4 years and they are happy with the product. Dell is not only expensive, but they also use cheap hardware and their laptops are a far cry from the high standards they used to have until a few years ago. Currently, I have an HP laptop, which performs well, but yeah, my next laptop is going to be Asus, going by the positive reviews I keep on getting.

Never marry a brand.

Dell is not only expensive, but they also use cheap hardware and their laptops are a far cry from the high standards they used to have until a few years ago.

Dell is just arrogant in the field i see.. none of their offer makes sense at least to me. only offer they do provide is long term warranties.. and that thier discount on most days instead of real product a laptop.
i didnt go for hp cause its expensive. for my config.. good its working for you.
so far asus is doing great. i just hope it will keep doing just the same...

Back