AT&t Xperia play 4g blue-Will this work in India(after unlock)???

darksmart

Disciple
Hi
I am getting an At&t xperia play from US but is it possible to use it with india's cellular networks(after unlcoking from some professional)???
Also Does At&t phones have a sim slot???

Thanks

If you can get the unlock code directly from AT&T, that would not cost you anything. Since you are buying from eBay I am sure that aint possible.

Look up various unlocking services over the web, they will cost you anywhere from USD 20-50. This is the SIM unlock method, which does not require unlocking the bootloader or rooting the phone.

Lastly, there is the bootloader unlock method, which makes your phone SIM unlocked by default. This has the added advantage of enabling custom ROMs and flashing. For that, Google for wotanserver and Alejandrissimo. I personally recommend Alejandrissimo who is in fact a great guy with plenty of patience. He will charge you USD 24 for the whole process. Very easy and gets done within 10 minutes if all goes well. wotanserver charges EUR 15.

If you have any more question, feel free to ask.

What is the best deal you are getting for AT&T Xperia Play? When I was looking for one, they were quite expensive. The CDMA Verizon ones were a bit cheaper but I didn't want those. So I sourced mine from UK which was locked to O2.

Wow..Thanks a million for such an useful information..I was searching same for the last 1 month but got no success.. I was thinking that what is mode of payment for Alejandrissimo..If it is paypal,I think paypal in india does not allow sending of money(while it can be used for making purchases from ebay and other sites).

Well I was looking for xperia play as I knocked off my old N86 by accidentally dropping from staircase,though it is repairable as only speaker is not working but I want to switch to xperia play.
I looked on ebay.com and there are good deals.Though mine was a bit expensive of $172+$12(shipping)=184USD(that comes near 10,500 INR). Recently I missed an unlocked xperia play that was on bid for $148 shipped.Also a brand new packed and unlocked xperia play from hong kong costs around 15000INR from ebay.com itself.
There are also listings on ebay india where they costs 11000(used with reliance number) to 18000 new with seller warranty.
If you want,I will send the links..

and Thanks one more time for the info..

No problems. :) Glad I could help.

Unless you are a stickler for warranty and are not too keen on used phones, get one from ebay.com or ebay.co.uk
It takes the same amount of effort and time to get them unlocked. Save as much money as you can by hunting for the best deal. The piece you see coming from Hong Kong is usually good barring the rare shipping/customs snafu. But that is true for any of these imports.

I got my piece for GBP 122 shipped. Great deal, super fast shipping.

122 GBP for xperia play???Thats great..I wish I could have a deal like that..Well i m buying used one as I am not intended to use it for a long time.Also its my first Android..(ya its too late)..

Back