Storage Solutions At what health level should one change the SSD ?

As the topic says, what's the recommended level of health before on should change the system SSD?

My present SSD health says its at 88% health. Now this SSD is about 4 years old or so. Earlier had an INTEL SSD, and both the power on hours and TOTAL NAND WRITES were almost double of my existing SSD. I had to upgrade as the size was smaller in intel SSD [180 GB]. I shifted the Intel SSD to laptop and it is still going strong. Even the health is better than this one.

Questions:
1. Why is the health of current SSD deteriorating at a faster rate? Is intel SSD better than Kingston one? I don't download stuffs onto this SSD. I have a mechanical drive for that. This is used mainly as system drive.

2. Although 88% health is quite far from SSD failure, but at what level should i start looking for a new SSD ?

Attachments

• CrystalDiskInfo_20220810235532.png
    CrystalDiskInfo_20220810235532.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 82
1660157318068.png

My 4yr old Intel ssd. Some attributes seems different than yours. Unsure even if I change the ssd or not though its running simply fine.

Have Intel X25-M gen1 MLC drive from 2009. Still works to this day and shows health 85%. Now don't compare the % to yours directly depends on drive to drive and manufacturer.

That said, keep using it until it dies. It won't wear out that fast.
1660157672462.png

This is the max TBW for your drive. After this reaches it can either work or become read only.

This is the INTEL SSD health screenshot that I was using since 2010 or so. Health is still a respectable 96%.
And I had downloaded shit ton of data onto this drive. Was used as the drive for torrents etc. and that's why the TBW is high on it.

Attachments

• CrystalDiskInfo_20220811003242.png
    CrystalDiskInfo_20220811003242.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 78
Have Intel X25-M gen1 MLC drive from 2009. Still works to this day and shows health 85%. Now don't compare the % to yours directly depends on drive to drive and manufacturer.

That said, keep using it until it dies. It won't wear out that fast.
View attachment 142674
This is the max TBW for your drive. After this reaches it can either work or become read only.
I suppose the word die here does not mean what I understood it to mean.

Die for me means the drive becomes inaccessible. You're saying it will still allow reads?

Back